Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] The yet-to-be-named winery (Coppola is seeking suggestions)....
The wine should be named "Revenge". Its best served cold. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]That was very droll, SC!
Chateau Souverain made some very decent Cabs and Zins in its heyday. We stopped there 20 years ago and had a very nice (gratis) tasting. Heublein ran Inglenook into the ground.
FFC's Rosso is a good, everyday red, an excellent value. He's got more than enough competition for his higher-end wines. But my view is: a good wine is a wine that you think is good, a bad wine is one you think is bad. No one can make up your mind or live in your mouth . Anyway, America has truly become a buyer's market for wine. Everyone in the world who wants to sell wine wants to sell it here. Choices are unlimited, and values can be found everywhere.
I've been drinking wine since the early Sixties. I used to buy only French and German (with a smattering of Italian) wines because nothing else came close. Today I seldom buy French or German because there's no need to, when you can choose from a gigantic variety of American,Australian, Spanish, Chilean, Argentine, etc., wines that are mostly terrific values. French, German and some northern Italian wines are still the best in the world. But I always say that a $200 bottle of wine doesn't necessarily taste 20 times better than a $10 bottle.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.