Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Wait a second. Let me understand this. You live in Chicago and you've only been to ONE Chicago pizzeria? Am I reading your post correctly?
Ah, sorry, DC. I don't live IN Chicago, I live in "Little Chicago". Little Chicago is more commonly referred to as Ottumwa, IA. Only two big names come to mind who are from Ottumwa. First off, Tom Arnold, big whoop-te-do, and secondly, the character 'Radar O'Reilly' from MASH. (we're not all farmers, I hate rural life!!)

"Little Chicago" derived from the mafia. During Al Capone's days, mafiosi often came down to Ottumwa for a few years to cool down after pulling off a big crime. Liquor was also stored and smuggled down here (I have a friend who lives near a "Whiskey Ridge Rd", and the name of that road also derived from the Prohibition era). Rumor has it, that there are tunnels under our downtown area where Capone used to run business. From what I've heard, some of the entrances are possibly from the high school (my school; OHS) and others are in the basement of the Hotel Ottumwa (been there on several occasions, but never in the basement, I want to explore).

Anyway, there's a history lesson for you. Now back to pizza:

I like pizza. I have only had Chicago-styled pizza, and my family loves it. Unfortunately we've never had the opportunity to enjoy New York pizza, but after all this talk, I really want to give it a try. I'm hoping one of these days my family will take a trip out east. If they don't, then I will go solo.

We've been to Chicago twice. Caught a Cubs came (the stars were alligned just right, they won both games I attended, which goes against the odds) went up the Sears Tower, etc. I remember the most recent time we went there (which was several years ago), we ate at this place called "Luigi's". My parents insisted that we must get some pizza before we left town, so we did, and we enjoyed it.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin