Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
I'm doing okay too myself

yes I know exactly what you mean. I'm not that big of a fan (I haven't heard that many stuff of them too) but I know about their influence around here. although, there are a few local punk rock bands that I like more - Forgotten Boys, Tequila Baby... are you into them? Tequila Baby has been playing with Marky Ramone everywhere (I've seen them live myself) for years so I figured if anyone outside Brazil knows them.
I actually have only heard of vaguely, but if you like punk rock, once you listen to Olho Seco (esp. being from Brazil) you will fall in love. Only a few bands worldwide captured it and they certainly did. I would have loved to have seen them (Olho Seco - LOVE them). I can't recommend them strongly enough. Intro to "Havera Futuro":

(spoken)
"Havera futuro pa' pobreza desse pais?
Voce' passa no meio da rua so ve' a pobreza
com as maos estendidas, sempre a palma...voltada pro alto pedindo esmola, havera futuro pr'esse pessoal?"
Havera futuro?

The anger, sincerity, and despair are beautifully tangible, and augmented due to the low quality of their rare available recording, but in my opinion it only adds to the magic.

"HOUVE PASSADO! HAVERA FUTURO!"

Download them and get back to me, bro.