Caesar, what you wrote about the orange has me intrigued -- so much so that I looked it up on the online script for GF2.

Michael introduces Al (Neri) and Rocco* to Johnny Ola. When Michael sees that Rocco is holding an orange, he asks, "What's this?" and Johnny answers, "It's an orange from Miami." While I personally don't think it's a signal about the hit, it does make me wonder if Johnny's bringing an orange as a souvenir for Rocco is an indication that they've had a prior acquaintance -- even though Michael's introductions indicate that the two men are supposed to have just met*.

Then again, I could be reading too much into it. Maybe Johnny gave the orange to Rocco because Rocco was the first one to greet him on shore. (I believe Johnny came in by boat via Lake Tahoe, as has been discussed on these boards; but I hope someone will post and confirm my recollection.) Or maybe the orange is just a hint of what will later to happen to Rocco (oranges = death in The Godfather films).

* On closer reading of the script, Michael says Rocco's name when Johnny enters the office; so I don't know if that's meant to be an introduction for Johnny's sake, or if Michael is simply addressing Rocco.