Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
...If a parent needs to get a hold of their child...call the damn school. There were no cell phones when I was in school (at least they weren't as popular)...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU xXx_DC_xXx !!! I was wondering when somebody was going to get around to this point.

I always find it interesting how people rush to reference 9/11 when it's convenient for them. If only parents keeping in touch with their children were the only factor here. From the article posted above by Don Cardi:

"...Mayor Michael Bloomberg and schools Chancellor Joel Klein have staunchly refused to drop the ban. They insist cell phones are a distraction and are used to cheat, take inappropriate photos in bathrooms, and organize gang rendezvous. They are also a top stolen item..."

With all the functions available on cellphones these days...I think the ban is justified and I hope Bloomberg and Klein do not buckle on this.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON