Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
...Most people on death row are literally on it for years. I don't really know the specific reason. Unless there is a minimum amount of years they wait in case they find the person wasn't guilty????? I don't know, just guessing...
TIS, I really think you're pulling our legs her...but just in case...it's called 'Appeals'.

Death sentencess have been delayed for more than 20 years in some cases (those 2 very recent ones in CA for instance) while lawyers for the condemnded have exhausted the appeals process.

The only reason Timothy McVeigh is dead today is that he ordered his appeals stopped. His lawyers had no choice.

Scott Peterson will probably sit in prison another 10 years at least until he's finally put to death for the murder of his wife and unborn child (unless they find that devil-worshipping cult that clown Mark Geragos tried to put over on the jury).

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON