PLaw,

He pled "guilty" but now says it was a complete fabrication. I found the story here. I can't copy/past the link for whatever reason, but here's the story:

TIS

Moussaoui tries to retract his plea; 'too late,' judge saysBy Nadine Elsibai
Bloomberg News
WASHINGTON - The judge in the Zacarias Moussaoui case yesterday rejected an effort by the convicted Sept. 11 conspirator to withdraw his guilty plea and go to trial in an effort to prove he was not part of the 2001 terrorist plot.

In a motion filed by his court-appointed lawyers, Moussaoui also described as "a complete fabrication" his trial testimony that he and convicted shoe-bomber Richard Reid were supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11 and fly it into the White House.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema in Alexandria, Va., said federal court rules barred defendants from withdrawing a guilty plea after sentencing. Moussaoui, who pleaded guilty in April 2005 to conspiracy charges, was sentenced last week to life in prison.

Moussaoui's motion, filed Friday and released yesterday, "is too late and must be denied on this basis alone," Brinkema ruled.

The defense attorneys said in a footnote that they realized defendants were barred from withdrawing a plea after sentencing. But they said they were filing the request anyway "given their problematic relationship with Moussaoui, of which the court is well aware."

In the motion, Moussaoui said he was "extremely surprised" when the jury did not sentence him to death.

But after "reading how the jurors set aside their emotions and disgust for me and focused on the law and the evidence that was presented during the trial," he said, "I came to understand that the jury process was more complex than I assumed."

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon