Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I think that it depends on what exactly constitutes the leak, who the (C.I.A.) agent is and what his/her operation exactly is? Some major Republicans may have committed major treason a while back by outing a female agent I think...forget her name.
That would be Valerie Plame, and you bring up an interesting question. According to an interview with Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald after Libby's indictment:

"The special counsel's office said that Plame's CIA employment was classified and that her connection to the CIA "was not common knowledge outside the intelligence community" prior to Novak's column. Disclosing such information had "the potential to damage the national security," the office said in a news release."

Now, "if" leaking this info did damage national security in some manner,(btw, for those who don't know, she was working undercover in a fake consultant firm, but acutally working on WMD info) would it treason? And would it be because of freedom of speech on Libby's part,(or anyone else involved) assuming he KNEW it could be potentially dangerous? Somehow I can't connect the freedom of speech to treason. It would just seem treasonous.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon