Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I do admire the arrogance of youth... We have lived longer, we've hopefully learned some things along the way, and there is a chance that we may be able to pass along some of it, if only anyone would listen.
Like I said, nobody learns unless they want to. And, also like I've said, living in hope can get tiresome. So is repeating yourself. So I shan't patronise you any further.

Okay, so you've (and I don't mean you personally) lived longer. Longer inside the box, especially, and boring because of that. Cut the youth a little slack too. We're still young enough (arrogant enough?) to have ideals, and, thank heavens, ask questions. I can't think of anything worse than social inertia. Individual inertia is just as bad. And you can learn just as much from us youth, too, even if you don't realise it. Superiority in age does not equal superiority by intellectual default. Many are under the illusion that age and wisdom automatically go hand-in-hand. They don't.

Quote:
Since you are intelligent and well-read, however, I was hoping that you would be a bit more open-minded than most.
Actually, I consider myself woefully under-read, but whatever. I've been called pretentious in the past because I've had an opinion or two to say on Film; being called narrow-minded (in so many words) because I have, if anything, tried to broaden those of others, won't change my philosophies for a bit.

Quote:
Oh, by the way, Capo, don't tell me you don't judge people by their age when you've posted things like this...
Good point, I suppose; I've failed to communicate my intentions: perhaps it's just ignorance, then, and not age. There are, certainly, many people of the older generation with whom I get along with fine; I don't think it's any coincidence that I connect with these because of their open-mindedness to today's youth, and willingness, perhaps, to move with the times. But again, perhaps that has nothing to do with age, but simply an open mind.

I also lament that you took my comments so personally, if only for falling under the same category of the party I attacked.

But right now, I'm just standing here, drenched in my own piss, waiting for somebody to knock the chip right from my shoulder. I can't wait for it to happen; the way it was described above makes it seem somewhat enlightening.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?