Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Personally, I don't see pot being any more harmful than alcohol.
You kidding me? I don't know how many times my stomach has nearly exploded because of the munchies. Seriously, I call them dangerous munchies when you can NEVER get full.

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I can't reply right now because I'm about to head out, but I'd like to hear some more input on the image of marijuana and how it has changed (if you think it has) when I get back. I'll be sure to reply to everyone. Take it easy.
Read up on Jack Herer. Basically there are a lot of uses for hemp. To get mashed, medicinal purposes, create fibers, paper, And importantly it can be used as an environmentally friendly alternative fossil fuel. Yes that's right, as a fuel. Now there's a consipiricy, that Jack Herer attests to, that industries, particularly oil, threatened by hemp lobbied to outlaw it in the US. In turn the propaganda begun - eg. JG's real examples and l_l_c's Fear and Loathing's satire on it.

Is it plausible that the oil industries can put that much pressure on the Government? Of course. Whether it's true or not is another matter but I'm sure you'll have fun finding out.

So die all who betray Giuliano