Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
OOOH!! A pissing contest!! I think I'll "wade" in despite the fact that I met get "hit".
I'll reply in the good old-fashioned you-said-me-said way, if only to defend and not attack back. I'm as bitter as it is, after all, and being knee-deep in piss kind of gets a little smelly after a while.

Quote:
First of all, Capo, Pat asked a question, DC answered the question, and provided some factual information to someone who didn't seem to know what Down's Syndrome was. Oooh, what an evil, unimaginative man DC is!! How dare he provide a definition!!
That's too literal a description, I'm afraid. The tone of the post is open to much more interpretation than that. And why on Earth would you think I called Cardi "evil"? By what definition do you go by?

Quote:
Capo, Since you seem to be ready to judge people on their age...
Actually, quite the opposite.

Quote:
...being an oldie myself, I was a tad offended by your condemnation of my generation.
Wasn't it implicit enough that I questioned my own use of the plural? Perhaps next time I should be more considerate of others who fall into the same category of those I am "attacking". And, by the way, I had no idea you were an oldie.

Quote:
However, when older people comment on the behavior of the young, it may be because we hope that those that are younger might benefit from our experience and our mistakes.
A bad way to teach, I think; nobody learns unless they want to. Don't give wisdom unless it is requested. Otherwise, it falls on deaf ears; and it can get tiresome living in hope.

Quote:
But don't comment that others are pointing fingers when you seem quite ready to point your own.
Alas, in Cyberspace, the furthest you can go is to wag a finger at a wagging finger; otherwise, I'd be happy to chop it off.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?