This year, I decided I would switch my major to film and transfer to a school that actually offers film. Here's my thoughts, if you care:
Chapman (other Cali schools)- Though about this one and USC, but ultimately decited that I hate the California scene. The attitude seems to be "I should and WILL have everything handed to me on a silver platter, though I deserve NOTHING!" Prehaps I'm mistaken, but from the Cali kids I've dealt with this seems to be the case. Chapmans app seemed to be a real hastle too, so I enede up not applying to any Cali schools.

NYU- The obvious choice. I did end up getting in but I talked to a friend of mine from back home (he wanted to go for Musical Theatre) who didnt get in. In his letter, he was told that only 4000 out of 35000 apps(11%)got accepted, so it is extremely difficult to get into. This frined of mine (I Believe) also screwed around frechman year, so his grades werent as the should have been, so that might have been a factor. Also, the cost is bordering on insanity. It will probably end up costing me a little over 40 thou a year.

Hofstra- This was the other school I applied to, and also got accepted. Quite a bit cheaper than NYU, but is also a close proximity to the city wich may or may not be a selling point for you. I am assuming (this is a big issue for me right now) that another (relatively)big name school in NY would be easier to transfer credits to NYU. I believe it is also easier to get into.

Remember, it never hurts to apply, who knows, you may get in. Good luck.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.