Eh, Film School. Biggest mistake of my life.

But that was MY life, so who knows. I go to Michigan State University and was a Film Major here. Sam Rami graduated with Film from here (just to give you some background). Worst mistake of my life. It took me two years to figure that out though. After 2 years, I just realized how much I hate film. I switched to a creative writing major and I'm much happier.

Though I didn't go to an actual "Film School", thank god, I know I made the right decision. In a real film school, you can't change your mind like I did. It's film or nothing. Film school seems like a joke to me. Always did. My main point being that if you are good, know a good amount about film, and make the right connections, then people don't care diddly-squat about your film school. I have a lot of buddies who went to film school for a year and are doing shit. I got one buddy at U of M who was a film major there and is in Hollywood now because he got a versatile degree from a Big Ten School.

Bottom Line: If you have the talent, the school does not matter. If you don't, and you are POSITIVE that's what you want to do with life, go to film school.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.