For me and a few others, it's the all-too-important Junior year of High School, and I'm starting to look into colleges. I'm fairly confident I want to attend film school, even though many have negative perceptions of them. I was wondering which other of my film pals are interested in or are currently attending film school.

Personally, I want to go to NYU. USC and UCLA have fine undergrad film programs, but UCLA is only for two years and USC is more Hollywood oriented. NYU is cited as the best film school of today (and not to mention where Scorsese went...he taught there for a while, too, and some of his students were Spike Lee and Oliver Stone). The AFI also has an excellent school (possibly the best; David Lynch and Terrence Malick, among others, went here), but it is graduate only.

Film school is risky though, so I'll probably double major in Psychology or Philosophy, too (and should I have enough AP credits to not only do that, but to do BOTH majors and all requirements in three years total).

So, anybody else going to take a risk and go to film school?

"I could dance with you until the cows come home...on second thought I'd rather dance with the cows when you come home."

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Everyone Join The New Film Boards! http://moviefan.proboards20.com