Is this term still exists? does a girl have to be REALLY boyish to be called a tomboy, or does it go around more easily? does it only apply to teenagers...what about married women?

Im an avid fan of mob films, godfather goodfellas you name it - does that make me a Tomboy?

I read some threads here, and it looks like theres plenty of female activity in the sport section, which I think is really cool, some of the female posters on this board seem to be real experts and I must say that I never had the chance to meet so many girls who share such passion for sport - but does that mean that we, the female posters who like sport and mob films - does that make us tomboys?

Sicilian Babe and Ginaitaliangirl have a male figure in their avatars - this seems natural to me, an avatar is just an avatar, but I wonder - why is it that there isnt a single male member with a female figure in his avatar?
Is it then more acceptable for a female to be drawn into the boyish world, but a taboo for a male to enter the female world?

bogey posted pictures showing how her face got dirty after soccer match, or maybe I mixed it up with another thread, but nevermind, and she says she hang out with guys more than girls. bogey, if you read this, please tell me do ppl call you a "tomboy" a lot for that? do you feel like a tomboy? do you like it or does that bother you?

TIS- I saw your list of favorite movies, and most of them are action movies. Die Hard, Rambo etc. Again, this sort of list is something I dont get to hear in the real world. Other girls I know usually prefer comedies or romance, so I ask you TIS the same questions I asked bogey, gina and all the other girls on this forum. Id like to understand how you look at yourselves and how society looks at you.

like I said I do love mob films a lot. My hubby thinks its really weird how much I love these movies, but he says thats just "one of the things he likes about me so much"

If ppl want to call me tomboy, so be it. I dont care. I dont think Im any less "woman" because of my taste for movies.

Hilary Swank - a tomboy?