SVSG, Call it ugly, call it whatever you want. I don't think that making jokes encouraging a teenager (or anyone else for that matter) to commit suicide is remotely amusing.

As for reverence for parents, I think that you have no clue what sort of culture I come from. The idea of disappointing my parents was my #1 reason for NOT getting into trouble. I adored my father, who sadly passed almost 12 years ago. And my mother, approaching 80 now, lives with me and I treasure the fact that my children get to learn from her wisdom and experience.

And where in my post did I say that parents shouldn't be willing to make sacrifices for their children? As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I DID say, that it's a parent's job to make decisions that are unpopular with children, if that's what it takes for their children to be guided on the correct path. Maybe YOU didn't understand ME.

Afs, Patrick NEVER mentioned suicide. He said that he was angry and hateful toward his mother. It was SVSG and Double J who suggested that if he didn't like her actions, he should suck on car exhaust or go hang himself, even providing helpful illustrations of a noose.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club