Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Lav, I'm going to watch BBM this weekend,
good, I'm looking forward to your comments! Even if I think you'll find it...how could I say? too romantic....well, sort of... Just assuming, uh?

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
don't know when I'll be able to see the Crash, but have you seen Crash by any chance?
not seen it yet. But sure I'll do it ASAP. I'm anxious to see the film which snatched BBM best picture oscar! :p
Now, seriously. I see where you come from, Afi. I'm glad if this movie -- Crash -- is going to be watched by a larger audience after getting a BP oscar. Racism all of sort is far from being won, and definitely not only in USA, so any occasion to meditate about it, is to be entirely welcomed, really. But I don't like these considerations -- right and noble as they are -- might have been more important than merely evaluating the quality, the beauty and the greatness of a movie. After all, it is cinema we are talking about.

Today I'm a little more relaxed on the whole story. I know BBM is a splendid piece of cinema. It deeply touched my heart and I'm grateful. I've been moved. Thousands people have been moved all around the world and more and more thousands will be moved in the future. After all, this is the best achievement a movie can get.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)