Quote:
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by don vencent:
[b] WHY :rolleyes:
Because you're oversensitive.

Yeah, we're all racist swine! :rolleyes: Seriously, grow up. And for the record, Eminem wasn't Oscar worthy. This year the nominees weren't good either. If anyone it should've been "Death to Birth," which wasn't nominated. [/b][/quote]Eminem deserved the Oscar as did 3 6 Mafia, both upbeat songs from movies that knew what they were...movies about inner street characters and rough-edged situations. 3 6 Mafia deserved it. Of course, you are biased against Rap, so that's why you are complaining.

Death to Birth was a pretentious song from a vapidly pretentious movie. [/b][/quote]How is Last Days pretentious? Once again I hear that horrible word still being used without any backing up. Last Days personally, I feel is the best of last year. A haunting character study that never felt like a movie. "Death to Birth" was also a great song, with wonderful lyrics. Of course we're called biased. You hate gays! You hate rap!

I'm really tired of this shit. People simply can't realize that Crash was politically better for the Academy's image, being a multi-character film about racism. As for Last Days, how is it pretentious? Gus Van Sant's Death Trilogy are all masterworks, IMO. Cinderella Man, was pretentious. Crash was somewhat pretentious. Domino was pretentious. How the hell is Van Sant pretentious?

As Capo said, the way most people use "pretentious" is pretentious in itself.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006