Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Obviously his, since he stated it?
obviously not, because he hasn't watched the movie yet AFAIK. So I guess he's not in the position to state BBM is "overrated and mediocre" unless he's using someone else's opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Am I the only one who doesn't blame homophobia on it not winning? The Academy is more then ready for a homosexual love film.
they are ready for homosexual films if the characters are prissy and ridiculous, à la "Capote". Apparently they still have problems when the characters are as manly as themselves, as their own sons. They still have problems when it comes to a true homosexual love story, a romantic one. This threatens them. So, in their minds it's better to award a movie like Crash. It's politically correct and makes an excellent shield for their so called progressive consciences!

You know what? Today I'm even angrier than yesterday! So you better don't tease me on the BBM oscar snub.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)