For the first time in a long time I thought all the oscars were awarded to the right people in the right categories. I never saw Brokeback Mountain, but if it does have any merit, it would be in the writinig, and thats what won.
"Crash" was definitely the best picture of the year, the guy who played Capote was the best actor, Clooney was the best supporting actor, no question. As for supporting actress, she did a solid job in an otherwise great movie, and I hope it causes people to go out and see it or at least rent the DVD. As for Reese Witherspoon, she was terrific, and probably cause she did her own singing merited her getting the award. In her case, however I also think she has been a a huge box office draw for many years now, so in part she was being rewarded for bringing in lots of money in lots of movies.

As for Jon Stewart....well, I remain a Daily SHow fan, but he was way in over his head. They should use Billy Crystal every year.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."