Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] A quote I like a lot.

"Up to now -- since shortly after the Bolshevik Revolution -- most movie makers have been assuming that they know how to make movies. Just like a bad writer doesn't ask himself if he's really capable of writing a novel -- he thinks he knows. If movie makers were building airplanes, there would be an accident every time one took off. But in the movies, these accidents are called Oscars."

--Jean-Luc Godard
Godard is my hero. [/b][/quote]yeah, I wonder if he ever got an Oscar. I bet he didn't. This attitude is very typical. It reminds me Aesop's tale of the fox and the grapes. [/b][/quote]Godard has been to Cannes, which I consider above the Academy. I think what you meant is wrong, but what you said is right. If Godard won an Oscar, maybe he'd have more respect for them for picking a film that's different from the average shit.

But I highly doubt he's talking out a jealousy. Hating the Academy for their bullshit isn't unique.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006