Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
It will bore me to death since all awards will go to Brokeback Mountain, and I've not gotten to watch it yet. It better be worth all the awards it's going to win.
It IS worth. It's a work of art. Art, with a capital A. But I guess it's not going to win all the awards you think. For instance they say Heath Ledger (who is amazing, believe me, he was not just acting, he was living the role -- same goes for Jake Gyllenhall, as amazing as Heath-- two heartbreaking performances, unforgettable looks, very few words) is not winning best actor, they say Philip Seymour Hoffmann ("Capote") is winning. However I still hope Heath will win. He gave me chills. Jake gave me chills. The story gave me chills. The way the movie portrayed desperation, solitude and unhappiness due to the impossibility of being true to your own self and living accordingly gave me chills. I felt shocked and totally moved by the film. I've been living in a sort of permanent emotional turmoil since watching it. Which is rare for me. At least with such an intensity. It only happens when you come across a piece of Art.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)