This was the best movie ever.

That's about it.

Well, ok, I'll go into it.

Neil has never performed this well. Ever. He has that "essence" around him now. Not that he always didn't, but its different now. He has the wise mentality of an Old Man, but the joy and livelyhood of a youth. The performaces themselves were unbeatlable. He has the best band, and the greatest group of freinds anyone could ask for. The film really centers around his more "mortality" related songs, considering his brain anyrism and all. He performs the entire Praire Wind album (Amazing) and many old hits. I'm not going overboard when I say that these songs have never sounded better. Not on CD, Vinyl, Cassette, 8-track, bagel or whatever else have you. The sheer intensity the man throws into these songs scared me and nearly brought me to tears. Friendship being a key element of the film, it made me, more than anything, want to be Neil's friend and play a few songs with him.

This film is not just for Neil fans, but for anyone who has a soul.

Best Songs:

-It's a Dream
-Old Man
-Comes A Time (best in movie)
-Heart of Gold
-No Wonder
-When God Made Me
-Four Strong Winds
-One of These Days
-The Old Laughing Lady (amazing)

A MUST SEE. Unfortunetly, it's only playing in VERY select theaters. I had to drive 2 hours to a theater playing it. In retrospect, I would have drove 50 hours, burned my car, ate my pants, and shaved my head to see this film.

The Doc

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.