Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
How can it be bad for me? I love working out and I know that if I only go four times a week instead of every day, I'm gonna eat less and that's even worse for me.
It's bad because your muscles need 72 hours of rest to heal properly. When you are exercising you are tearing the fibers in your muscles, by not allowing them the proper time to heal (and grow) you are hurting yourself, your muscles and your body. I don't understand how not going to the gym everyday would cause you to eat less. Eating is 95-97% of body building and fitness, a good workout plan with a bad diet is useless but a good diet with a decent workout plan will still see huge gains.

Like I said you are young and have only been doing it for 6 weeks, so you will not see the negative side effects of it. A more practical reason that you shouldn't go everyday is muscle memory. Your muscle easily adapt to changes in your daily routine (muscles are lazy they want to do things the easiest way) so by doing the same routine, same exercies or just working them everyday you do not get the same return for the effort that you put in. I would bet that there are probably "resident pros" at your gym and if you are there everyday you will not see them there everyday (at least not working out everyday).

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380