Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Turnbull:
[b]Costco is the largest retailer of wine in America. They don't have a very varied selection, but what they sell, they sell at unbeatable prices.
Sucks for me, cuz the local "mafia" owns 95% of the local liquor licenses and actually prevented our Costco from selling any alcohol!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But when I lived in Piscataway, I'd go to the one in Edison all the time... it's just not worth the hour drive to save a couple bucks these days... [/b][/quote]The Costco nearest to us in NJ is in Union, and they don't have an alcoholic beverage license. I'm guessing it's because NJ allows towns to set the number of retail alcohol permits that can be granted--and Costco was too late to compete with all those giant booze outlets on Route 22.
But the Costco here in Prescott, AZ, which is walking distance to our home here, has a license--probably because Prescott is liberal on alcohol licenses.
BTW: We were in Gallup, NM, last month on a Sunday night. Went to dinner and ordered wine. Sorry, sez the waiter--no alcoholic beverages served in this burg on Sundays; in fact, the town's trying to get all booze banned all the time. I practically had the shakes all night... :rolleyes:

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.