I keep reading in all these posts about how many people around the world "hate America." As someone who has traveled on every populated continent on the planet (except Austrailia) including extensive travel in Europe, the Middle East, South America and China, I cna tell you unequivocally that most average people in the world whom I have encountered have great admiration, respect and affection for our country and for what it stands for.

Sure, there are jealousies, and there are disagreements and there is even hostility, but that is largely the kind of thing you see among friends or even family members. Lots of Eurpoeans think we made a bone headed move by going into Iraq, and they dont mind saying so. This doesnt mean they "hate" us, it just means they disagree with our policy.

The fact of it is, those small groups of people who really do hate us are the likes of Al Quaeda, the narco terrorists, and the other misfits of the world who make the news by their atrocities.

Go to any counrty, especially any third world country and visit the section of the US Embassy where people are looking for visas to enter the US. We remain a beacon of hope for the world, and we should not forget it.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."