GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (CNote, TheKillingJoke, CleanBandit, 1 invisible), 565 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,134
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #356880
01/15/07 05:09 AM
01/15/07 05:09 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I FINALLY watched not 1 but my 2 very firest episdoes of 24 on TV. Now that I have TiVo, I'll probably tape the season so I don't have to wait until December for the DVD.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #357039
01/15/07 11:17 PM
01/15/07 11:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Addicting, isn't it Irish?

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T BEGUN WATCHING THIS SEASON

XDCX -

I'm so upset and mad. Curtis was my FAVORITE character next to Jack! Did they really have to kill him off the show? He was the closest thing to being the agent that Jack was!

I told my wife from the begining of the show that there was some kind of history between Curtis and the terrorist that is supposedly trying to reform. You could see it in his eyes.

Something tells me that the guy trying to reform is a part of this whole plan to take out the country.

Can't wait till next week.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #357041
01/16/07 12:01 AM
01/16/07 12:01 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
SPOILER WARNING (for those who haven't watched the first 4 episodes of this season)

-

-

-

-

-

I literally shot up off the sofa and put my hands over my mouth when I saw Jack shoot Curtis. And the look in Curtis' eyes was that of utter shock...and heartbreak. I don't know what the Chinese did to Jack for the 20 months he was detained, but he's definitely a changed man.

Overall, though, this may have been the best season premier yet of 24...even rivaling last season's shocking premier. This is absolutely the best, quickest, and most heart-pounding hour on television. I ask myself at the beginning of every season if the writers can still come up with compelling storylines...and luckily for us fans...they haven't disappointed.

The nuclear explosion at the end of the fourth hour really sums up the conclusion of this season premier.

However...like you DC, I'm shocked and saddened at the loss of Curtis Manning. He, too, was one of my favorite characters next to Jack. Hell...my three favorite characters on the show PERIOD (next to Jack) have been killed off in the last two seasons (President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and now Curtis.)

I had a feeling Curtis would be killed off this season...but not this early. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake to get rid of him so soon.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #357042
01/16/07 12:05 AM
01/16/07 12:05 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
SPOILER WARNING!!!

I too was shocked when he shot him. Tell me something, did anyone confirm Curtis as being dead? I don't recall now. Hmmmm.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #357044
01/16/07 12:14 AM
01/16/07 12:14 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
SPOILER WARNING

I was thinking the exact same thing, DC. Wikipedia has Curtis as being deceased...but I haven't found anything confirming on 24's official site. The fact that no one confirmed the kill, and the way Curtis collapsed...I think it can definitely be left open to interpretation. Take last season for example, when Secretary Heller drove his car off a cliff into the water below. Everyone assumed he had died...but we find out later that he survived.

You never know with this show! That's what I love about it.

***EDIT***

Wikipedia has now changed Curtis' status from "Deceased" to "Active"...so it's probably not safe to assume that he's either alive or dead. Hopefully the official website will have the answer up by tomorrow.

Last edited by XDCX; 01/16/07 12:41 AM.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #357091
01/16/07 03:29 AM
01/16/07 03:29 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

It is but now I have to wait week after week for another episode. I've been spoiled with the DVD's were I could watch 3 or 4 episodes in 1 sitting

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #357129
01/16/07 10:20 AM
01/16/07 10:20 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: Irishman12

It is but now I have to wait week after week for another episode. I've been spoiled with the DVD's were I could watch 3 or 4 episodes in 1 sitting

I know exactly what you mean. That happened with me with the first season. I bought the DVD set and watched 3 - 4 episodes at a time, and then once season 2 started, the weeks wait between episodes was killing me.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #357142
01/16/07 11:40 AM
01/16/07 11:40 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
SPOILER WARNING

Fox's official 24 website, and 24.Wika.com have pretty much confirmed it. Curtis Manning is dead.

However...like last season with Tony, we'll probably have to wait until next week's episode, or a later episode, for his death to be confirmed.

In any case, Curtis' character will definitely be missed.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #357228
01/16/07 05:03 PM
01/16/07 05:03 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted By: XDCX
[b]However...like you DC, I'm shocked and saddened at the loss of Curtis Manning. He, too, was one of my favorite characters next to Jack. Hell...my three favorite characters on the show PERIOD (next to Jack) have been killed off in the last two seasons (President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, and now Curtis.)

I don't know why but they're REALLY killing off a lot of the originals (President Palmer, Tony, Michelle, Edgar, Curtis, etc.). I also agree XDCX, I will miss Curtis as he was one of my favorites, along with President David Palmer, and of course Kim Bauer. I hope she's in this season more than 2 episodes but I HIGHLY doubt it (she's been doing less and less as the seasons move on) However, a nice addition to the show (at least for me) is Peter MacNicol who plays Thomas Lennox for President Wayne Palmer. I've always loved this guy since I saw him in Ghostbusters II.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #357293
01/16/07 09:14 PM
01/16/07 09:14 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
About a year ago I started writing a short story about political disintegration in the US and an attempted assasination of the President. The story includes the detonation of a small nuclear device in Dallas. I think I'll sue 24.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: olivant] #358419
01/22/07 11:13 PM
01/22/07 11:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
How great and unpredictable is this show? Just when you thought that there were no surpises left, they throw the biggest curveball yet with who turns out to be Jack's brother! I almost jumped out of my chair.

Just some really fantastic writing.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #358421
01/23/07 12:12 AM
01/23/07 12:12 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
SPOILER ALERT

Wow! Talk about a curveball! Graham Bauer! I never would have guessed it in a million years.

And Graham being Jack's brother stands up to scrutiny. There's nothing from last season to suggest that Graham can't be Jack's brother.

You're right, DC! The writing for this show is fantastic.

It's gonna be interesting getting to meet Jack's family. It opens up a lot of doors in regards to story. It's gonna be interesting seeing this new side to Jack Bauer.

We get to meet Jack's father next week! Can't wait!

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361189
02/05/07 09:46 AM
02/05/07 09:46 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Ok, I haven't read this thread because I haven't seen 24, just heard a lot of good things about it. I hate having storylines spoiled for me, but had to check in here. Last week a friend of mine was talking about how good it was. I told her I always wanted to see it, but didn't want to get into it somewhere in the middle.
She said she had season 1 & 3 and the next day brought Season One to work and told me to watch it.

Let me tell you, I nearly watched it nonstop all weekend. I hadn't done that since I rented the first season of The Sopranos. It was great!!! Talk about non-stop, edge of your seat action. I kept thinking, we'll I'll just watch a couple episodes but nope, I had to see what happened, and only have one disc left to watch (4 episodes).

Are all the seasons as good, or is the first the best? I know I'm way behind you guys, but just had to weigh in and let you know that so far, it is a great series.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #361217
02/05/07 11:14 AM
02/05/07 11:14 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Well what a pleasant surprise it is to see you here, TIS!

The first season of 24 is one doozy of a premiere season, but rest assured TIS...the show gets better as the seasons progress. My personal favorite is season 2, and judging by how much you are enjoying season 1...I'm fairly certain you won't be able to stop until you've devoured the entire series!

I'm so glad you've stumbled onto this show, TIS! It's my favorite series on television, and you'll soon fully realize what all the fuss is about!

DC...I think we have a new recruit!

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #361223
02/05/07 11:50 AM
02/05/07 11:50 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club

DC...I think we have a new recruit!

Yes we do.

If memory serves me correctly, this same lady was not watching Sopranos when I met her for the very first time in Chicago, and I told her that she would love that show if she watched it.

Remember TIS?

I am with XDCX here. TIS, you will NOT be dissapointed in the other seasons of "24". GO FOR IT!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361353
02/05/07 09:59 PM
02/05/07 09:59 PM
California

California
I do remember DC! As soon as I saw the first season of The Sopranos via another friend, I was hooked and got HBO immediately.

I know you guys are so far ahead of me here, so let me just say throw in a couple general comments so as not to start a topic on season one.

The pace of the show is so fast. It seems something is always happening. You think it's "this person" only to find out it's that person; You get comfortable with one of the characters only to be surprised at the end result. I can't tell you how many times I said to myself "OMG" or "no way." Ha ha. A true roller coaster ride.

When Jack Bauer says at the beginning, "I'm Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life", he isn't kidding. Talk about a bad day!

Don't worry, at this rate, I'll probably watch one season every weekend. I'll catch up!!! The really really good thing about that is watching a complete season without having to wait each week. I know now why everyone is so anxious to see the next episode.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #361422
02/06/07 08:29 AM
02/06/07 08:29 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
TIS -

I did not watch the first season when it was originally broadcast on television. I used to watch another show that was on at the same time. However my wife watched "24" and she always used to tell me that I should watch it because I would love it.

So I went out and bought the first season. I remember that I was home from work one monday and it was a really rainy day. So that morning I began to watch Season 1. To make a long story short I think that I watched about 15 episodes in one day! Everytime that an episode ended, I said to myself, "oh, I'll just watch one more," and before I knew it I had watched 15 of them.

Keep in mind that the show is a fast paced show because it is supposed to be happwning in real time. So when a week goes by for us, only an hour has actually gone by in real time for the characters on the show.

It keeps you on the edge of your seat, huh? Wait. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361423
02/06/07 08:41 AM
02/06/07 08:41 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I didn't start watching until about 3/4 of the way through season 2. Even though I had no earthly idea what the hell was going on...I was absolutely captivated. Needless to say...I was on my sofa with a big bowl of popcorn when season 3 premiered.

Last night's episode was really good. If there were an Emmy award for "TV's Most Dysfunctional Family", the Bauer family would probably take home the trophy!

I'm trying to get my girlfriend to watch it...but she's absolutely not interested in it! One of these days, though...

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #361436
02/06/07 09:46 AM
02/06/07 09:46 AM
California

California
Well, I finished Season One yesterday!! Excellent. The dilemma now is to schedule a time for Season 2. I concluded that each episode, without commercials is about 40 minutes, but it seems like they're over in 20.

XDCX, Season One ended with Mrs. Bauer dying, or so it seemed. You mentioned how the Bauer "family" gets the award for being the most dysfunctional??? Hmmmmm. Makes me conclude that perhaps Jack's wife isn't dead. Although it sure seemed like she was. Don't tell me, just let me blab. Doesn't take long to figure out to expect the unexpected with this show.

Not too many well-knowns on the show, but it was good to see Lou Diamond Phillips again, and Dennis Hopper? He is so perfect at playing a villian, although his accent didn't sound quite right to me. Who would have thought that Easy Rider's drugged out hippie would be making commercials on retirement. I get a kick out of that commercial every time I see it.

Anyway, season two, here I come.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #361765
02/07/07 12:27 PM
02/07/07 12:27 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Season 1 had one of the best twists in the series, with Nina Myers being the traitor. The writers did a remarkable job with her being suspected early on...only to be dismissed as a suspect. The viewer cancels her out as the traitor...and then BAM! The phone call with Drazen.

I'm very sure you'll enjoy season 2. A number of very shocking things happen. And continue to expect the unexpected...because that's what this show is all about! That's one of the many reasons I love it.

And as for the "Bauer family", well...you'll just have to wait and see.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #361816
02/07/07 03:43 PM
02/07/07 03:43 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
SPOILERS

Was anyone else not surprised by Miles being the engineer? Once I saw him leave and kiss Chloe, I began to think he was leaving at too "convenient" a time. For me at least it's getting harder to trick the audience (let's get real, it IS season 6) but Jack's father (James Cromwell) at the end with his other son was a nice turn

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #361920
02/07/07 08:01 PM
02/07/07 08:01 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
TIS -

There should be a bonus disc with the season one set that let's you view an alternate ending to season one. Check it out.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361922
02/07/07 08:09 PM
02/07/07 08:09 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I've seen that Don Cardi and I thought it was lame. I'm glad they went with the ending they went with since it's set up the frame work for the entire series

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Irishman12] #361923
02/07/07 08:13 PM
02/07/07 08:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Yes, I agree with you. But at the time of filming, they weren't sure if Jack's wife was going to re-sign with them or not, so they shot two different endings.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361948
02/07/07 10:21 PM
02/07/07 10:21 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Well I've told everyone my personal favorite season of 24. How about you Irish? DC?

I like the fact this thread is seeing some action lately.

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #361950
02/07/07 10:24 PM
02/07/07 10:24 PM
California

California
Having only seen the first season, I'm curious as well what all of you think. The thought of all the seasons being as good as the first one, well, it's hard to imagine.

What I don't understand is, I knew of the series since it premiered, even though I didn't watch it. When I brought the DVD back to work to give back to my friend, a couple teachers saw it on the desk and said, "I never heard of it." I'm thinking because it's not on the regular stations maybe (ABC,CBS,NBC). I don't know.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: XDCX] #361951
02/07/07 10:26 PM
02/07/07 10:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Well I've told everyone my personal favorite season of 24. How about you Irish? DC?

I like the fact this thread is seeing some action lately.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I've seen all of the seasons but they've been years ago and I can hardly remember what happened in seasons 2 or 3. As of now, I'd say season 1 just because it was so fresh and original (and you didn't mind seeing Kim get kidnapped). By season 3, it wears off pretty quickly

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #361954
02/07/07 10:33 PM
02/07/07 10:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
It's on FOX which is a major station. It's been one of the most talked about TV shows for the last 6 years. These people must be living on another planet!

TIS -

Don't fool yourself into thinking that the other seasons are not as good as the first one. The writers just keep comng up with these plots that have more twists and turns than you could ever imagine.

And here's a little hint. Try to pay attention to the minor characters in the show. Those minor characters that may have been in the third episode of one season, may just pop up in the next to last episode of another season. You never know.

Remember, a whole season is really only 24 hours, one day.

EDIT : Truthfully XDCX, I've enjoyed them all. Of course the first one was great because of the whole Nina Meyers thing. But I can't really say that I have a favorite as I really enjoyed them all.

Now I have to get ready to go and watch my second favorite show on TV, "LOST"

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361957
02/07/07 10:42 PM
02/07/07 10:42 PM
California

California
Ok, without going into any detail, season two be the next day then right? And, like season one was about the kidnapping and the CA Presidential primary...will season two be another set of problems and/or storyline or will it continue with the same two topics??? Know what I mean? Yes or no will suffice if it'll give too much away.

TIS

Re: It's Back! "24" [Re: Don Cardi] #361958
02/07/07 10:51 PM
02/07/07 10:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Now I have to get ready to go and watch my second favorite show on TV, "LOST"