GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 361 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,706
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,235
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,523
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,397
Posts1,060,133
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
It's Back! "24" #143451
01/15/06 01:24 PM
01/15/06 01:24 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Jack's back!

Tonight is the season premiere of 24.

I can't imagine what twists and turns that they'll come up with this year.

Two hours tonight, and two hours tomorrow night.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143452
01/15/06 02:00 PM
01/15/06 02:00 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Yes, 24 is back. I quite enjoyed when I watched the captivating 2nd season from beginning to end. But really, I felt that 24 couldn't equal the height of escalation after season #2(I mean, possible WW3, Nuke bomb in L.A., that damn cougar cat, etc.)

Still, quite a good action-packed TV show with a protagonist that hasn't taken this much shit against baddies or terrorists quite often since Bruce Willis did those DIE HARD movies.

Interestingly enough, I've heard that Kiefer is out after this season, which means...is 24 dead afterwards, or will it try to limp along?

Re: It's Back! "24" #143453
01/15/06 02:50 PM
01/15/06 02:50 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I can hardly wait! On the extras disc from Season 4, it has a teaser for season 5. Apparently, Jack (under an assumed alias) is some sort of undercover cop or something working in Chicago (I believe), but he's forced out of hiding when someone hacks Chloe's computer at CTU and learns that Jack Bauer is still alive.

I can't even imagine what's gonna happen this season, what kinds of twists are gonna be implemented. I'll give my thoughts on the season premier after watching it later on tonight.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" #143454
01/15/06 03:10 PM
01/15/06 03:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Unfortunately I won't be watching it. I wait for the DVD to come out every December so it looks like it'll be another 11 months for me

Re: It's Back! "24" #143455
01/15/06 08:51 PM
01/15/06 08:51 PM
New York
Meggie Offline
Underboss
Meggie  Offline
Underboss
New York
I have never watched it but is it true the sereies is about 24 hours> Do they change their clothes? How can they have a show that is only 24 hours..

LA BELLA MAFIA
Re: It's Back! "24" #143456
01/15/06 11:36 PM
01/15/06 11:36 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
HOLY SH*T!! That's all I've got to say for now. I'll elaborate later.

Wow.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: It's Back! "24" #143457
01/15/06 11:58 PM
01/15/06 11:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
WOW! Talk about a shocking premiere!

Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143458
01/16/06 12:56 PM
01/16/06 12:56 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
This had to be the most shocking season premier yet. FOX wasn't lying when they said "the first two hours will change everything."

*******SPOILER ALERT*******In the first 10 minutes, ex-President David Palmer is assassinated. Then before the first hour is over, Michelle Dessler is killed, and Tony Almeida is critically injured, as well. Some terrorist cell has learned that Jack Bauer is alive, and they are attempting to wipe out the four people who knew he was alive, and in the process, frame Bauer for Palmer's assassination and Michelle's murder. All this...in the first hour!!!
*******END SPOILER*******

My favorite quote from last night:

When Jack goes over to incapacitate an FBI agent, Derek asks Chloe "Is he ok?" Chloe simply replies, in her classic smarmy attitude, "Don't worry, he's good at this."

Re: It's Back! "24" #143459
01/16/06 07:59 PM
01/16/06 07:59 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
My favorite quote from last night:

When Jack goes over to incapacitate an FBI agent, Derek asks Chloe "Is he ok?" Chloe simply replies, in her classic smarmy attitude, "Don't worry, he's good at this."
Yes. her delivery of that line was just so smooth. And it was funny coming from her. She wasn't worried one iota!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143460
01/23/06 11:06 PM
01/23/06 11:06 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Another great episode tonight! It started out rather slow, but the pacing was great, and the ending has me itching to see next week's episode. Thank God I have the first four seasons on DVD to hold me over.

Thoughts on tonights episode, DC?

Re: It's Back! "24" #143461
01/23/06 11:23 PM
01/23/06 11:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
You beat me to it. I signed on intending to post about this episode, but got a bit sidetracked reading my PMs. ANd I get here and you've already posted!

The writing on this show is just unbelievable! Fantastic stuff!

Here we are in the fith season, and the writing, the plot and the acting has not declined one bit.

I don't know why, but I just don't trust the President's advisor, Mike.

Remember when he turned on President Palmer a few seasons ago? Something bothered me about him this week, but I can't put my finger on it.

We have to wait a whole damn week now!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143462
01/23/06 11:30 PM
01/23/06 11:30 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Ever since Mike Novick's betrayal of President Palmer in Season 2, I've always been weary of his character.

But then again, President Logan's whole administration seems to be in disarray. His chief-of-staff is working with the terrorists, the President himself seems a bit eccentric, and his wife is nuts (although I don't believe she's as crazy as the President would have us believe).

Also, I'm glad that Tony will be easing back into the main story.

I was kind of hoping to see Jack kick that new punk's ass. Spencer, I believe his name is.

Next week's episode looks to be a doozie, judging from the preview.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143463
01/31/06 12:50 PM
01/31/06 12:50 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

Another great episode last night.

I was a bit surprised that Walt Cummings (the President's Chief of Staff) came out with the truth. He said he assisted the terrorists in obtaining the nerve agent, authorized the hit on David Palmer, and was gonna have the tanker carrying the nerve agent attacked and destroyed off the coast of China, so they'd have an excuse to wage war on China, and take advantage of the oil reserves. Then he tried to muscle the President into just letting it happen. He almost succeeded, but then Jack Bauer came in and...uh...changed the President's mind, so to speak.

It was very satisfying seeing Jack kick the sh*t out of Walt. Too bad the President is untouchable, because he deserves a good sh*t kicking, too.

I also thought it was extremely messed up that after what Jack did for the President, the President told Jack that after the day is over, he must disappear again. The Chinese cannot be allowed to know Jack Bauer is alive.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143464
01/31/06 01:03 PM
01/31/06 01:03 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
Not a bad eppisode. My only question is who was the guy at the end who was saying that he was going to wage war on the United States? I thought it was the Russian Prime Minister but I missed some eppisodes so I wasnt sure.

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: It's Back! "24" #143465
01/31/06 01:08 PM
01/31/06 01:08 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
In Episodes 3 and 4, terrorists took over Ontario airport in Los Angeles. They had hundreds of hostages. Turns out one of the hostages wasn't actually a hostage, he was working with the terrorists. We knew him the last couple episodes as the elusive "man with the yellow tie." During the hostage situation, one of the terrorists casually walked by him and handed him a key card. That key card led to a bunker on the airport grounds, which housed the nerve agent. Now it seems the guy in the yellow tie is leading the terrorists.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143466
02/06/06 09:51 PM
02/06/06 09:51 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Ok, are you ready for another episode? What the hell is going to happen this week? Just when you think that they've solved one problem, another arises from within it!

I wonder if at some point the Chinese consulate ( from last season ) is going to find out that jack is still alive?

Yes, the plot thickens!

10 more minutes!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143467
02/09/06 01:01 PM
02/09/06 01:01 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Sorry for the delayed response.

***********SPOILER WARNING***********

Another great episode this week. I think your "Chinese consulate" sentiment was right on the money. Now that President Logan has re-hired Jack on a provisional basis, it's only a matter of time before the Chinese find out he's alive.

I'm kind of weary on the idea that Logan is using his wife as his main counsel on decision making. I get a strange vibe off of her, like maybe she hasn't revealed all her cards yet (a'la Sherry Palmer).

I'm not liking Sean Astin's character, Lynn, although I think that's his purpose. It looks like he's gonna be the new Ryan Chappelle.

I was not upset one bit when we learned of Walt Cummings suicide. It fit his character. He was a traitor to the country, he died like a coward.

Looks like Kim Bauer will be coming back soon. Should be interesting. Hopefully Chase Edmunds will come along, as well. He was an interesting character from Season 3.

My favorite scene of the night was Jack's interrogation of the suspect (naturally). I especially liked when he said "You do not wanna go down this road with me," and the suspect says "You go to hell!" That's like dousing your hand in turpentine and setting it on fire, and not expecting to suffer 3rd degree burns.

I'm anxiously waiting for Tony to come out of his coma. Tony Almeida is one of the corner stones of the show, and one of my personal favorite characters.

Can't wait for next week!

Re: It's Back! "24" #143468
02/09/06 01:09 PM
02/09/06 01:09 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Here's some news on the upcoming videogame adaptation of 24!

From IGN.com

24: The Gold
The game tie-in to the hit series is all wrapped up.
by David Adams

February 8, 2006 - Publisher 2K Games announced today that 24: The Game, based on the hit Fox television series, is now officially gold. You know what this means, of course: the title is now considered code-complete and ready for manufacturing.

Developed by Sony's Cambridge studios, 24: The Game is set between seasons two and three of the show and answers several questions: Who was really behind the assassination attempt on President Palmer? How did Kim Bauer get a job in the L.A. CTU? How did Jack Bauer and Chase Edmunds first start working together? Penned by 24 episode writer Duppy Demetrius and voiced by stars Kiefer Sutherland, Carlos Bernard, and Kiefer Sutherland, 24 boasts more than 100 missions told through several branching subplots. Gameplay includes on-foot sections (with shooting, stealth, puzzles, and sniping), driving sequences, interrogations, and technical challenges.

24: The Game is currently slated for release on February 28.
------------------------------------
I'm kind of weary on how they're gonna pull off the urgency of the show. It's the perfect premise for a videogame, but a premise that isn't easy to pull off without making some sacrifices. Nevertheless, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143469
02/09/06 05:09 PM
02/09/06 05:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Sorry for the delayed response.

[b]***********SPOILER WARNING***********

I'm kind of weary on the idea that Logan is using his wife as his main counsel on decision making. I get a strange vibe off of her, like maybe she hasn't revealed all her cards yet (a'la Sherry Palmer).

Looks like Kim Bauer will be coming back soon. Should be interesting. Hopefully Chase Edmunds will come along, as well. He was an interesting character from Season 3.

[/b]
How ironic is that. Sherry Palmer had her own agenda when Palmer was president, yet we trusted her at the begining and she turned out to be a sneak.

Now Mrs. Logan is advising the current President and we have our suspicians about her, and she'll probably turn out to be the saviour of her husband's presidency!

If I remember correctly Chase had his hand cut off two years ago. I don't think that he'll be back. I believe that they will be divorced.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143470
02/09/06 05:31 PM
02/09/06 05:31 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
What season is this? The fifth?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever been captivated more than I was with the first. Second was good, but never touched the intensity and freshness of the opening season. Thereafter, BBC lost the rights and Sky bought it up for showing over here, which I don't own. Bummer.

Which season do you fans like the best?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: It's Back! "24" #143471
02/09/06 06:13 PM
02/09/06 06:13 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
What season is this? The fifth?

Seriously, I don't think I've ever been captivated more than I was with the first. Second was good, but never touched the intensity and freshness of the opening season.
Yes, this is the fifth season.

The show did lose a bit of steam with season 2, but it was still an excellent season. Out of the four previous seasons, I'd have to say season 3 is my least favorite. It was still a great season, it just didn't captivate me quite as much as seasons 1, 2, and 4.

Quote:
Which season do you fans like the best?
It's a tough call between season 1 and season 4. Season 1 definitely has more twists and turns than any season thus far (the current season not withstanding), but season 1 started it all. I think I'd have to give the overall nod to season 1, with season 4 coming in a close second. Here's how I'd rank them:

1) Season 1
2) Season 4
3) Season 2
4) Season 3

That could all change at the end of season 5, as this season is shaping up to be a rocket buster.

Just a note. I never realized how great an actor Kiefer Sutherland was until I started watching this show. He's just so intense, and he plays the role of Jack Bauer so convincingly.

He's a relatively small man, but he's frightening. The only actor I can think of that can pull the "scary small man" role off better than Kiefer is Joe Pesci.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143472
02/09/06 06:31 PM
02/09/06 06:31 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Xander Berkeley (George Mason) and Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) steal everything they're in (Timecode for the former, Jarhead for the latter), I think.

Sutherland is excellent. I love the way he whispers "Mr. President" inside of a helicopter and gets heard despite the noise.

Re: It's Back! "24" #143473
02/09/06 06:58 PM
02/09/06 06:58 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Xander Berkeley (George Mason) and Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) steal everything they're in (Timecode for the former, Jarhead for the latter), I think.
I loved the George Mason character. He was such a smart ass about everything. My favorite line of his was from season 1, near the end, where Palmer convinces George to trade Alexis Drazen for Jack Bauer. George is hesitant, and says the senator doesn't have the authority to authorize that kind of action.

Palmer: "Act on your own prerogative. Go through with the exchange. You'll be repremanded. Possibly even demoted.

Mason: "So far it sounds great."

Re: It's Back! "24" #143474
02/13/06 11:13 PM
02/13/06 11:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
That Jack Bauer is something else, huh? Saves that little girl in the Mall and basically saved 900 people by disobeying the President's order.

Now he's in hot water again!

Tell me something, do you think that something is up with Mike Novick?

For some reason I just don't trust him.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143475
02/14/06 01:39 AM
02/14/06 01:39 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
That Jack Bauer is something else, huh? Saves that little girl in the Mall and basically saved 900 people by disobeying the President's order.

Now he's in hot water again!

Tell me something, do you think that something is up with Mike Novick?

For some reason I just don't trust him.

Don Cardi
I'll always have trouble trusting Mike Novick after his season 2 shenanigans. But I highly doubt he'd ever consider going against the President whilst Jack Bauer is still alive. He saw what happened to Walt Cummings for going against the President under Jack Bauer's watch.

Another good episode tonight. I'm glad they've slowed down the pace a little bit this season. Last season was incredible, IMO, but I got dizzy because of all the twists and turns. Then again, if we go by the formula that has made "24" famous, this weaponized nerve gas is probably just a distraction for something even bigger.

I'm concerned about Jack, though. He took off the gas mask while he was still in the building to protect that girl. I'm afraid that may play a role later on down the line.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Re: It's Back! "24" #143476
02/14/06 08:26 AM
02/14/06 08:26 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[qb] I'll always have trouble trusting Mike Novick after his season 2 shenanigans. But I highly doubt he'd ever consider going against the President whilst Jack Bauer is still alive. He saw what happened to Walt Cummings for going against the President under Jack Bauer's watch.

I'm concerned about Jack, though. He took off the gas mask while he was still in the building to protect that girl. I'm afraid that may play a role later on down the line.

Can't wait for next week's episode!
Let's not forget that last season, when Air Force One came under attack, the President was not killed, but was in ciritcal condition, unable to run the country, and that's how VP Logan became President. Then we never heard anything else about the President himself. Who's to say that the President that was attacked and in critical condition cannot walk back onto the show?

I don't think that Mike is doing anything against the country, but I think that he might be doing something to sabatoge Logan's presidency.

As for Jack taking off the gas mask, that may very well come back to haunt him down the road.

One other thing, two episodes ago, when Sean Astin got mugged in the parking lot of CTU, did you notice that the "mugger" not only took the money out of Astin's wallet, but if you watched very closely it looked like he also took some kind of CTU card! I think that it was much more than a mugging. Someone, probably the terrorists, used Sean Astin's sister as a front to get that card from Astin. I think that there is a lot more behind what was made to look like just a mugging.

The show just spins and spins, and you never know where the plot is headed. That's what I love about it.

Probably the best show on television in the last few years.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143477
02/16/06 09:22 AM
02/16/06 09:22 AM
Top o' the World
Fame Offline
Underboss
Fame  Offline
Underboss
Top o' the World
Quote:

Probably the best show on television in the last few years.

Don Cardi
Wow...better than the Sopranos?

As for me, Im a huge fan as well, best to worst :

S2 -(avoid the cougars/kim scenes and its the greatest plot 24 ever had through the entire season)

S1
S3
S4

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)
Re: It's Back! "24" #143478
02/17/06 07:54 PM
02/17/06 07:54 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Just acquired a loan of season three. Can't wait...

Re: It's Back! "24" #143479
02/17/06 08:06 PM
02/17/06 08:06 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Just acquired a loan of season three. Can't wait...
A great plot. You'll enjoy this one.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: It's Back! "24" #143480
02/17/06 11:13 PM
02/17/06 11:13 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:

One other thing, two episodes ago, when Sean Astin got mugged in the parking lot of CTU, did you notice that the "mugger" not only took the money out of Astin's wallet, but if you watched very closely it looked like he also took some kind of CTU card! I think that it was much more than a mugging. Someone, probably the terrorists, used Sean Astin's sister as a front to get that card from Astin. I think that there is a lot more behind what was made to look like just a mugging.

Yes, I did notice that. If it were just a normal mugging, all they would have wanted was the money. But the mugger took the money and his wallet. I'm sure this happens occasionally when people get mugged, but that quick glance of the CTU card makes me think it was something more.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull