I researched this even further and found out the following ;

SEC. 109. PREVENTING CYBERSTALKING.

In General- Paragraph (1) of section 223 (h) of the Communications Act of 1934 was amended by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:

any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet.

I found nothing that suggests, as the author of that article does, that "It REWRITES existing telephone harassment law to prohibit anyone from using the Internet without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy."

It seems to me that all that was done was to add an amendment to a 72 year old law as so to modernize it by including the words other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet

From what I can see there is really nothing new here.

Why hasn't the author of this article made a big deal about the Communications act of 1934? It's been in effect for 72 years and no one, as far as I am aware of, has challenged the fact that the the language of the original act had already prohibited someone from annoyong or harrasing someone else without disclosing their true identity?

The writer of that article probably just needed something negative to write about.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.