I especially like this part:

Why should merely annoying someone be illegal?

There are perfectly legitimate reasons to set up a Web site or write something incendiary without telling everyone exactly who you are.

Think about it: A woman fired by a manager who demanded sexual favors wants to blog about it without divulging her full name. An aspiring pundit hopes to set up the next Suck.com. A frustrated citizen wants to send e-mail describing corruption in local government without worrying about reprisals.

In each of those three cases, someone's probably going to be annoyed. That's enough to make the action a crime. (The Justice Department won't file charges in every case, of course, but trusting prosecutorial discretion is hardly reassuring.)

Nothing like having to trust government "prosecutorial discretion" :rolleyes:

So my annonymous blog criticizing the Bush administration might annoy the Republicans and subject me to prosecution, while someone else's blog supporting President Bush might annoy me, but that could be OK? :p

I could understand making it illegal to harrass or annoy someone privately with emails or something, but this sounds a little ridiculous.

Maybe it's part of "The War on Terror"? :rolleyes:

"Difficult....not impossible"