Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:

Again, this has just as many flaws as the other versions. But I think the CIA/FBI was in on it. Not to the level Oliver Stone portrays in his film, but a few key people. Why? JFK was working to dissolve the CIA and some very prominent people lost their jobs under JFK (Allen Dulles, Helms, etc.)
I wouldn't say working to dissolve the CIA, but certainly he distrusted them after the Bay of Pigs, no doubt.

Quote:
And Hoover from the FBI hated the Kennedys and most certainly wasn't in on the killing, but was also not sorry to see him go.
Hoover is an interesting figure, especially because his files magically disappeared after his death (James Jesus Angleton again?). JEH had the dirt on both of the Kennedys, and was not stupid. As long as he could manipulate the current President, he had no need to whack JFK. The Kennedys might have hated Hoover, but they couldn't risk the destruction of their public image in exchange for Hoover's removal. This is why I believe Hoover wasn't directly involved, but, most likely, did turn the other way when it happened.

Quote:
Oswald was obviously on some kind of covert mission for our government in order to be able to travel so freely to Cuba and Russia after renouncing his US citizenship.
There have been many contradicting stories regarding Oswald going back and forth from Mexico, the Soviet Union, Cuba, and the United States. Some claim that he was expedited back into the country, while others say it was normal procedure. And the Oswald who had been allegedly spotted in Mexico didn't look much like the *real* Oswald.