while i'm not negating the severity of AIDS, alot of cases in that particular disease come from one's own self-carelessness. for example, i read something a while ago that stated & proved through polls & expert opinions that were heavily weighed in, that a staggering amount of the causes of AIDS came from people who didn't bother checking their partners for STDs, or people who had sex with someone they barely knew, obviously without knowing anything about their newfound partner's sexual history. & of course, being that most of these people were gay, & it being common knowledge that the homosexual community is the main victim in the AIDS epidemic, i can't help but wonder how you can be so careless about your health, knowing that, hey, engaging in this activity with this person whose sexual history i don't know could very likely cause me my life. while that doesn't apply to all or adherent death - which i'm not implying, but just incase someone misinterprets it that way - & while i would never wish that on anyone - this just seemed to be an interesting & relative piece of information for this topic.

that being said, i think i'd go with cancer. but having the chance or choice to invent a cure for either disease would obviously be a huge advance in not only the medical community, but society as we know it.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw