Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
It was a tv movie. For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236285/
I hope that I can catch this sometime. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Then we were gonna go to the Brian Setzer thing, but it was too far (Anaheim). But I thought of you, Gigi!
How I would've envied you if you'd gone! I still envy you just for being that close to him! BBVD would be fun to see, too, but Brian's obviously higher on my list. I'm still hoping for the Maynard thing to work out, but my cousin and I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone. But, oh, how I'd love to see Brian and his orchestra live!

Good to hear you're a Sandoval fan, too. The Band friend that I mentioned that told me about him did the funniest and coolest thing on one of the last days of school before the winter break. In Band class, after we took our final, we were all just sitting in the Band hall talking. The teachers were out, and he apparently had a Sandoval CD, because he was by the player, and all of a sudden, I hear Sandoval blasting through the room! Some songs I'd heard, and some I hadn't, but it was all good music. I loved that he did this, because there were a lot of other "popular" kids there who listen to the typical teenage music (they all had their cell phones out and were playing rap and such), and they all got pissed off when he put Sandoval on. I was just thinking, "Yes! Chalk one up for the (few) jazz fans!"