Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[b] That's a good girl Gina. I must be the only man on here glad to hear Frank being played in Times Square.
It's the only "New Year's song" I know, and you can't go wrong with that CD. Though I was very tempted by the Pussycat Dolls, just as DV was.

By the way, using a Half Price Bookstore gift card from Christmas, I finally took a break from Maynard Ferguson to check out some other jazz greats. I found some great deals on CDs, so I bought two Dizzy Gillespie ones, a Louis Armstrong one, a Duke Ellington one, a "Best of Ken Burns Jazz" one, and a Sinatra one. Also, my parents gave me a Dizzy one for Christmas. It'll take me a couple of listenings to really learn the songs and enjoy them, but I'm glad to broaden my musical range. [/b][/quote]Gillespie and Charlie Parker are the two God's of the Bee-Bop period. Gillespie had a rawness to him, with alot of hispanic hints in his work.

If you need advice on Sinatra, come to me. Look for his original concept albums. THose are masterworks.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia