Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I do dream about my Dad, and I'm surprised how vividly I can see him in my dreams. In the past, if I ever dreamed about someone who was dead, I wasn't able to see them, like they were in another room, and I knew they were there, but I never actually saw them in my dream. When I dream about my dad, he is THERE. Those dreams are nice.
Oh yes, SB! And the "another room" thing is so true!! When the man I loved died three years ago, I hoped so much to be able to dream him, to actually see him again at least in my dreams. But I never happened to dream him nor could I recall his face without looking at his pics. I was devastated by this frustrating impossibility to remember his beloved face, his wonderful green eyes, his tender smile. I mean, I could recall each of these but somehow I was not able to put them together. I hope it makes any sense? Anyway, this went on for a while. Until one night I finally saw him in a dream. He was sort of looking out of a window, tenderly smiling to me. He looked happy, more than I can say. I saw his face, his eyes, his teeth. And I felt sort of wrapped by the warmest embrace I ever had. A brief, perfect feeling of absolute, pure happiness. I think paradise must be something like that. A warm, happy, endless embrace

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)