Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
I think they're connected to the future insofar that we attach importance to an upcoming event. For instance, you may dream of an exam the night before you actually take one. But primarily, dreams, for me at least, hold a great, significant attachment to the present and recent past.
I agree. I guess it's possible they're connected to the future, but I don't really think so. I really think you've got it, Mick, when you say it's the past and present. I have dreams concerning people that I think about a lot, things that I worry about (or that I enjoy), and, as was the case in my Jazz Band dream, people or things I remember from my past.

DA: You know, you mention you haven't had many lately. I just recently have had a lot, this past weekend, and it was my first weekend off from school. I'm starting to think that I dream more when I have time to dream. You know, when I get more sleep, and I'm more relaxed.

SB, I think I forget many of my dreams, too. Something I've always noticed is that I dream in "scenes," I guess. Nothing really goes together - it's all just a scramble of random stuff, and the longer I sleep, the more I dream about.