GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Ciment, m2w, Toodoped), 460 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,518
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,531
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,447
Posts1,061,126
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Dreams #140421
12/19/05 11:35 PM
12/19/05 11:35 PM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
I also find that when I'm telling someone a dream that I had, I don't remember as much as I thought I did. I think Mick touched on this - it's like I have a "feeling" of something happening or an emotion that I'm experiencing, but I have trouble actually explaining it.

Re: Dreams #140422
12/19/05 11:40 PM
12/19/05 11:40 PM
toyland
D
don illuminati Offline
Underboss
don illuminati  Offline
D
Underboss
toyland
I rarely remember my dreams, but every few months I have one that I remember vividly. Some people keep a pad by their bed and write them down. I know a girl who has a book about dreams and what they mean, and it is interesting. I'm not sure if there is any scientific basis for the interpretations so I can't comment on that.

One of the most vivid that I ever had was that people were chasing me through a neighborhood and there were houses by a bayou and I escaped the pursuers by going behind a fence by the bayou behind the houses. They left and when I went to my car to escape it had been stripped. I actually woke up and went outside to see if my car was ok, and of course it was.

"How's the Italian food in this restaurant?'
Re: Dreams #140423
12/20/05 12:29 AM
12/20/05 12:29 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
SB, how funny... I had a dream once that my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I saw him in real life the next day and wouldn't talk to him. I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't get over it. He kept asking me if I was okay, and I think I probably rolled my eyes and said "whatever" or something... and then he tried ignoring my mood, etc. Finally he blew up, and was like "WHAT DID I DO????"

The only recurring dream I have is that I'm falling, and I wake up when I hit the ground, and I even feel myself hitting the ground, but I wake up in bed, it's not like I fall out. Weird.

When I was little, I used to have a recurring dream where I was running on the beach towards the water, and once I reached the water I'd start swimming, and I'd end up on some other shore... like a deserted island, or Japan or something. Those were always fun.

By the way, the weirdness of dreams is best described by Mitch Hedberg... "I'm lying in my bed, all comfortable, and the next thing you know, I have to build a go-cart with my ex-landlord."

The weirdest dream I had was in high school... there was this guy that (I thought) I had never noticed, he never talked to me before, I don't think he was in any of my classes, I'm not sure... but I guess he was in my subconscious somehow. So I had a dream where I was driving, and I hit him and severely injured him while he was crossing the street. But even in my dream, I remembered thinking to myself, "this guy looks kinda familiar... does he go to my school?" That's the extent of how vague he was. However, the next day at school, he asked me out!! I couldn't believe it, I just stood there and stared at him for what felt like 20 minutes. And then I said no, which must have been SO confusing for him, after the weird look on my face and the long pause.

Re: Dreams #140424
12/20/05 01:13 AM
12/20/05 01:13 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Has anyone had any dreams about anybody on the BB? I've had 2 and I don't really remember what they were about.

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Dreams #140425
12/20/05 01:38 AM
12/20/05 01:38 AM
Texas
ginaitaliangirl Offline OP
ginaitaliangirl  Offline OP

Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
Has anyone had any dreams about anybody on the BB?
I had one about Zia!

Seriously, I just remembered it when I read this.

Zia, it was a while back, but I had a dream that I finally got to meet you. It was like one of the BB get-togethers, but I think that I was in LA, and we decided to meet up. I just remember that we greeted each other and were chatting constantly, and then you showed me this room which was, I guess, in your house. I looked through the doorway, and I swear, it was Minute Maid Park - the Astros' stadium. I seem to recall actually going in the "stadium," but that might've been in another "scene" of my dreams. I think it had the baseball theme because of our BBC and Ladies' Thread discussions. Anyway, I guess we've met each other, then, huh?

Re: Dreams #140426
12/20/05 02:41 AM
12/20/05 02:41 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
SB, how funny... I had a dream once that my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I saw him in real life the next day and wouldn't talk to him. I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't get over it.
Hey, this has happened to me too!! I never talked to a girl that we fought in my dream again.

But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is and I'm happy at the beginning, but by the end of dream I'm so depressed... It cheers me up when I find out it was all a dream in the morning. Phew!

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Dreams #140427
12/20/05 03:10 AM
12/20/05 03:10 AM
Los Angeles
Letizia B. Offline
Underboss
Letizia B.  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
Well Gigi, I do have a baseball stadium in my house, so you're not completely weird.

I do feel special about being in your dream, though. :p And next time you're in L.A., we definitely should meet up. I may not have Minute Maid Park in my house, but we can go to a Dodger game or something. Maybe we can even take Minute Maid o.j. with us and drink it there. That's the closest I can give you. I bet we would be chatting constantly if we met though, like you said. And laughing at dumb stuff. It sounds like fun, dude... when are you coming?

I seem to recall a dream about you too, around the time when I saw those H.E.G. (or whatever it's called) commercials with Andy and "Rog" in them. I don't remember many details, but there was something about a brown bracelet, and a baseball that hit someone in the face or head.

As far as I can remember though, that's the only BB-related dream I've had. Although up until just now, I didn't remember it, so maybe there've been others, too.

Re: Dreams #140428
12/20/05 04:43 AM
12/20/05 04:43 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Apart from a couple of common ones, [b]which I think everybody has: that you're in the swimming baths, and, under the water, realise you have no clothes on, at all. The same applies for school assemblies.[/b]
I never had such dreams.....
BTW, my only recurring dream was related to my schooltime, when I was afraid of Maths -- I think I told this before.

Quote:
Does anybody believe that dreams can predict
I'd like it. Especially before a lottery!

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Dreams #140429
12/20/05 05:08 AM
12/20/05 05:08 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I do dream about my Dad, and I'm surprised how vividly I can see him in my dreams. In the past, if I ever dreamed about someone who was dead, I wasn't able to see them, like they were in another room, and I knew they were there, but I never actually saw them in my dream. When I dream about my dad, he is THERE. Those dreams are nice.
Oh yes, SB! And the "another room" thing is so true!! When the man I loved died three years ago, I hoped so much to be able to dream him, to actually see him again at least in my dreams. But I never happened to dream him nor could I recall his face without looking at his pics. I was devastated by this frustrating impossibility to remember his beloved face, his wonderful green eyes, his tender smile. I mean, I could recall each of these but somehow I was not able to put them together. I hope it makes any sense? Anyway, this went on for a while. Until one night I finally saw him in a dream. He was sort of looking out of a window, tenderly smiling to me. He looked happy, more than I can say. I saw his face, his eyes, his teeth. And I felt sort of wrapped by the warmest embrace I ever had. A brief, perfect feeling of absolute, pure happiness. I think paradise must be something like that. A warm, happy, endless embrace

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Dreams #140430
12/20/05 05:17 AM
12/20/05 05:17 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
Lavinia, your post makes me sad, sorry

Re: Dreams #140431
12/20/05 05:55 AM
12/20/05 05:55 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by svsg:
Lavinia, your post makes me sad, sorry
Oh, I'm sorry it made you sad, svsg. But you shouldn't! I mean, I got this absolute certainty that he is with me nonethess. I can feel it. I happen to speak with him and I don't think I'm crazy for that. I do believe he's waiting for me somewhere and that we'll be together again in a purer and more perfect way. Meanwhile, even if I miss him terribly, whenever I feel sad, depressed or exhausted, I feel he gives me the strength to go on and smile. Because he had this wonderful sense of humor and his last words for me were "behave yourself, I can see you". I know he really can and I'm doing my best not to disappoint him!

Re: Dreams #140432
12/20/05 06:05 AM
12/20/05 06:05 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is
Does Al know it?????

Re: Dreams #140433
12/20/05 06:20 AM
12/20/05 06:20 AM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

What the hell?

OK, within the depths of my house's basement and other underground areas, lives Madonna. She killed someone and cheated on her lover, and she does not want company. Very Phantom of the Opera-ish. Anyway, yadda yadda yadda.

The dream ended with me driving to the rental place and renting a movie.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Dreams #140434
12/20/05 06:32 AM
12/20/05 06:32 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
The dream ended with me driving to the rental place and renting a movie.
That is very likely to happen in your real life too, I presume....

Re: Dreams #140435
12/20/05 06:38 AM
12/20/05 06:38 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Lavinia's post reminded me of two dreams that I've had that still "haunt" me to some extent. Forgive the length of this post.

I had this first dream two days after my wife died (1993). It was in the morning and I was dreaming about being at the airport (probably JFK because the Port Authority police seemed prominent in the dream). I was apparently just walking through the terminals when all of a sudden there was a tremendous ruckus and as I looked down to see it I noticed two planes were afire, split open, with passengers trapped inside screaming for their lives. I hopped down of those old-fashioned stairs things that they wheel up to planes in small airports. I wanted desperately to help those trapped inside but the flames kept beating me back. I became REALLY frustrated that I couldn't help anyone and I started crying, yelling out "someone call 9-1-1", "9-1-1". It was at that moment that my phone rang waking me up from the nightmare. I was sweating, trembling and crying. The clock read 9:11. (It was my sister calling me to tell me she was coming over).

At the time of the dream I thought I was crying (out of frustration) because I couldn't save those people, and my conscious thoughts of those days were of frustration out of not being able to save my wife. I didn't make any connection to the Twin Towers until many years later. (9/11, two planes, the Port Authority, many people dying, etc).

About a year later (1994) I had a somewhat "comforting" dream about my mother talking to me. She was saying that she was happy that I had a good friend in whom I could confide, especially during the troubling year I had just passed. She didn't know it but I had befriended a gal from work whom had become VERY close to me and she was extremely important to my well-being. A year after that dream my family had a big get-together and it was important for me to show my family I was OK. I invited this gal as my date and about halfway through the party she came out of the ladies room with my mother. Her face was ashen white because my mother told her verbatim what I had dreamt a year before.

Re: Dreams #140436
12/20/05 06:59 AM
12/20/05 06:59 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I didn't make any connection to the Twin Towers until many years later. (9/11, two planes, the Port Authority, many people dying, etc).
I got chills down my spine, SC.

Re: Dreams #140437
12/20/05 07:52 AM
12/20/05 07:52 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[b] But my worst nightmare is when I'm pregnant. For some reason, I don't know who the father is
Does Al know it????? [/b][/quote]It seems like a little problem when I couldn't remember having sex in the first place. I hate this reoccurring dream. It makes me never want to get pregnant.

Re: Dreams #140438
12/20/05 08:24 AM
12/20/05 08:24 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Okay, fully aware of this topic I was reading before going to bed last night, as if to treat me, my mind conjured at least three dreams last night, and I only remember two of them.

The first I remember waking up from and wanting to write it down as an idea for a film, on themes of love and existentialism, and how we're all pieces of dust who place ourselves much larger than what we are. Anyway, the house at the back of mine was going to get burgled by two people, and I had a big horse, and was about to leap over my back wall and catch them in the act. But I mistimed my jump, and I scared them off before they even did it, which may be a good thing in real life, but not in the dream, as the burglar was a good looking girl with a friend. The only way I can explain the rest is using Vercetti's "blurred" vision; my memory thereafter is very vague indeed, but I remember waking up with the themes of me and the girl falling in love, but both employed on opposite sides of the curtain by different, hidden, larger forces - she was supposed to be the wrongdoer, me the right.

I woke up after this with another dream, but have since forgotten it.

Then, just this morning, I was on my school playing field, with a football (soccer) match going on. I was by far the best player, and there were even cheer-leaders there, with one of whom I fell in love. End of dream.
---
It's funny how in dreams, or our memory of them, things are much larger than in real life--like my school playing field, for one.

Another thing: it's also interesting how dreams can form a whole fictional history for themselves in our mind, so while we're having them we treat them as real life, taking their events for granted. But this quick formation of some kind of history can also trick us into thinking we've had that dream before, and of course we haven't. At least I don't think we have. I'm just wondering if some of you guys who claim to be having recurring dreams have had that actual dream since claiming to have had it on a recurring basis?

Thanks,
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Dreams #140439
12/20/05 08:53 AM
12/20/05 08:53 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
I'm just wondering if some of you guys who claim to be having recurring dreams have had that actual dream since claiming to have had it on a recurring basis?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Re: Dreams #140440
12/20/05 09:17 AM
12/20/05 09:17 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
I'm not sure what you mean.
He's talking about autosuggestion, I presume.

Re: Dreams #140441
12/20/05 11:25 AM
12/20/05 11:25 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Reading my post, I can see why you're confused. Sorry.

What I mean is this: are recurring dreams actual recurring dreams, or do we just think that they are, because we've had one dream and in it our mind tricked us into thinking we've had it before?

I mean, I have listed possibel recurring dreams that I've had in the past, but I can't remember ever having them after realising they were recurring.

Re: Dreams #140442
12/20/05 11:27 AM
12/20/05 11:27 AM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
I had the most "real" seeming dream of my life the other night. There was this multi terraced grass hill and me and some other soldiers were on top guarding it with machine gun bunkers. For hours the enemy soldiers just kept charging up the hill and we just kept holding them back. I woke up the next morning feeling really excited for some reason

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Dreams #140443
12/20/05 11:33 AM
12/20/05 11:33 AM
Underboss
Underboss
I thought it would be appropriate to quote these splendid verses here:

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great glove itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep"
--Shakespeare's The Tempest Act 4, Scene 1, 148-158

Re: Dreams #140444
12/20/05 11:59 AM
12/20/05 11:59 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I actually do remember having a vivid dream about two weeks ago, and it was very odd and surreal, I as watching Chris Farley die in front of me, he was screaming "HELP ME!" this hysterical type of voice, and I just stood there watching him die.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Dreams #140445
12/20/05 12:18 PM
12/20/05 12:18 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
I dream all the time and always about stuff I shouldn't. They piss me off. If they're good dreams I'm gutted that they're not real and if they're bad dreams I can sometimes get haunted by them. I've even had dreams that have made me question my sexuality. I've had dreams where I've killed myself slitting my wrists and shooting myself (don't believe the myth that if you die in your dream you die in life too).

Sometimes I wish I didn't dream at all but I think I'd miss them. Even though they piss me off.

Generally this is what dreams are like:
http://www.fat-pie.com/sock.htm

DV, your sleep paralysis thing is interesting. I think it's happened to me twice in my whole life.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: Dreams #140446
12/20/05 01:32 PM
12/20/05 01:32 PM
New York
raggingbull2003 Offline
Underboss
raggingbull2003  Offline
Underboss
New York
The worst dream I ever had was probably the wierdest and most random. My dad had some mysterious disease and the only way he could cure himself is if he ate my dog. I dont quite remember whether he ate my dog or not. I just remember being really sad and angry.

Wierd

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can skin him only once."
-Amarillo Slim
Re: Dreams #140447
12/20/05 01:52 PM
12/20/05 01:52 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I woke up the next morning feeling really excited for some reason
That reminds me:

Has anyone ever woken up scared or depressed, and never known why? This has happened to me a lot, and I can only assume it's because of some unpleasant dream that I can't remember.

How am I not myself?
Re: Dreams #140448
12/20/05 02:45 PM
12/20/05 02:45 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
That Fat-pie video was excellent, Turi, and reminded me of something I forgot to bring up, but had, at one point, meant to. The fact that in many dreams I can be trying to run, but it's like I'm walking through water. Or I'm in a fight and can only punch in slow-motion.

Re: Dreams #140449
12/20/05 03:39 PM
12/20/05 03:39 PM
JustMe Offline
Underboss
JustMe  Offline
Underboss
OK, I did the search.
My dreams are HERE.

keep your mouth shut, and your eyes open.
Re: Dreams #140450
12/20/05 04:28 PM
12/20/05 04:28 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Does anyone have those rare moments of Deja Vu where you think you have had a dream before, but throughout the day you realize you didn't?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull