Folks:

I was reading some articles on the outcome of the Apprentice and saw two trends:

1) Trump says that he was shocked that Randall did not select Rebecca.

2) Viewers think that Randall was wrong for not choosing Rebecca.

Here are my thoughts on this:

Trump needs to practice what he preaches. If he wanted two winners, then he should have made the tough call to select both. Randall showed no problem in making a hard, fast decision. He determined that the show's name was singular and not plural and made his decision.

Rebecca is an outstanding person, tough, cool, young and attractive. However, her record was not as good as Randall's. I know these days there is a mentality that we should protect everyone's self esteem (hey some schools have suggested eliminating grades and not failing students). However, the hard, cold grown up truth in life is that "good ain't always good enough". Sometimes you have to fail, learn from your failures (even if you were not at fault) and grow.

Randall made the right business decision - you never leave wounded soldiers alive. If this was a moral issue, then his decision could be viewed differently. Randall and Rebecca were forced to give some critical assessments of each other. Randall would have committed professional suicide to let her have the chance to out perform him as a Trump co-worker. If you take away Randall's pedigree, the bottom line is that he had a better win/lose record. In this life, performance is the bottom line. If anything that will enhance his reputation within the business world - sometimes it is better to be feared than to be loved (Michael's reputation was enhanced after he killed Fredo - morally reprehensible but great for business).

I would like to know your thoughts please ...

"People who are not serious, should not be taken seriously"