Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
In a recent survey in Iraq, just 29 per cent thought that democracy was important, whereas 56 per cent thought that a strong leader was the most important factor in a safe, stable Iraq.

I don't doubt those numbers. But we must realize that these polls are from people who have never tasted real freedom and democracy as you and I have. They only know a certain way of life and it's been under a leader who rules them. It must be very confusing for these people right now. Human nature is that when you face the unknown, you tend to want to go back to what you already know, what was once secure in it's own way for you. You look for the comforts that you are familiar with when faced with the unknown.

I am sure that if you Poll someone like Aziatic, who's lived both under a dicator and in a democracy, someone like him, having tasted what it is like to live in a real free world, will tell you that democracy is very important.

It's very hard for those who have lived in Iraq all of their lives to tell you if democracy is important to them, because, having never experienced it, they really don't know what democracy is like.

So to me a poll like this one is not really a true poll.

Which is better, Chocolate or Vanilla?

Can you really give a true answer if you have not tasted both?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.