SC, Plaw recently posted that the original was being shown on TCM. As I stated then, my father loved the original Kong, and we watched it every Thanksgiving. We would always be subject to the same questions and comments, as follows:

1. How do you say "friend" in the native's language?

2. "Now he's going to tilt his hat and whistle when he walks away!!"

3. He would always call our attention to the one man who manages to close the massive door. During the scene when they are trying to close up the wall after Ann is rescued, there are seemingly dozens of men trying to close the door. They are having trouble until one more man jumps in, and then the doors close.

4. "See, Kong was a good guy until he attacks the El train. Now they have to kill him."

We would also be subject to a retelling of how my mother worked in the Empire State building when an actual plane flew into it in the 1940's, but how, luckily, it was a weekend and my mother was home.

Seeing the original brings back some of the best memories I have of my Dad, so I'm glad to hear that you loved the original just as much, and also loved this remake.

Sorry to hijack your thread a little, but I thought you might enjoy hearing some of these tidbits.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club