When the crips were formed back in the late 60's early 70's they were a peaceful movement. They basically protested against police violence and the discrimination they had in LA. Then a couple of em started fueding with each other and a part of the gang split, they calld themselves the mob Pyrus, the present day bloods. And from then on it's just been gang banging and drug slanging. If anyone of us were born in those areas we would all be in gangs too. Beleive me I know its horrible, uncivilized and their a buncha criminals, but you just need to walk in peoples shoes who live in the ghetto to understand that how they live (life of crime) seems just as normal to them as to how we live and go about our lives. The police corruption in LA is staggering, people get pulled over because they are black, and they can throw anyone in jail for any particular made up reason they want. I wouldn't doubt for a second that the cops couldve framed tookie. Just look at the killing of B.I.G. He was killed by cops, hired by Suge knight and his Blood gang affiliates, the reason why none of this got to court is because half of the LA county police are on the payroll, the other half are just crooked and the most racist people Ive ever heard of.

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -Micheal Corleone

"Suck it up, take the fall, do the time. That makes you what you are, that makes you who you are." -John Gotti

"you heard of the new chinese godfather? He made em an offer they couldnt understand" -Corrado Soprano

"Ahhh, im gonna go wash up" -Paulie Gultiari