I suppose now is as best a time as ever to post a tribute to Mr. Francis Albert Sinatra of Hoboken ,New Jersey.

I can't lay claim to of ever known him, of ever met him and yet somehow his effect on my life has been almost as profound as even the closest friends I have. I supose this is a testament to his amazing ability to converse a a song, not talking down to you but talking TO you so that you understand his glee or pain. His voice could pierce through your heart with it's frankness (no pun intended) and soon his pain would become your pain and his voice would very well be yours.

I can't even go into detail of his efect on popular music, perhaps being the first person to fully understand the cappabilities of what a vocaist could do and making popular singing into a true artform.

His instinct for interpreting a song made him a great actor, so raw and having such energy that you couldn't keep your eyes of the man while on screen.

But again, I return to his music which is so embeded in our culture that we can never detract it from ourselves no matter how much music may change and "advance".

Perhaps his life WAS in his music. Certainly his track record shows that landmark albums coincide with diferent points in his life wether it be, "In the Wee Small Hours" or "September of My Years" but I speak more than just about that. I mean that perhaps we all somewhat know him from the way he inhabits a song and I suppose that is the magic of Sinatra.

My thoughts are so convolted so essentially I can cut it down to this: Thank God that there was a Frank Sinatra.

Madness! Madness!
- Major Clipton
The Bridge On The River Kwai

GOLD - GOLD - GOLD - GOLD. Bright and Yellow, Hard and Cold, Molten, Graven, Hammered, Rolled, Hard to Get and Light to Hold; Stolen, Borrowed, Squandered - Doled.
- Greed

Nothing Is Written
Lawrence Of Arabia