Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Goombah,

I don't know why it wouldn't let you download the movie into hard drive, but is your hard drive by any chance connected via a USB port? That could tie up the connection between your camcorder and hard dive. In addition you'd have to remove any device connected to your USBs even if they don't function at the time. They still keep some of bandwidth to themselves.

As I mentioned before you'll not be able to download Mpeg-2, which is suitable for burning on DVD as DV-AVI. The maximum resolution you'll get via USB would be Mpeg-1, which would be good enough to be burned as a VCD, on a normal CD.
Slowly but surely, I'm making progress. I finally was able to download to my hard drive. But Afanseh, thanks for the heads-up about not being able to burn to DVD with a USB. So am I then to assume that if I switch to firewire, I can burn to DVD?

I did a dump of my hard drive onto a dvd and the quality was not good. Visually it was fine, but the sound was not in sync with the original. That's a problem with USB transfer I presume.

And to answer your original question, my hard drive is not connected via USB - it's intennal. But are you saying that no other USB ports should be connected while I'm doing the camcorder download to the pc?

Thanks for all of your help - I really appreciate it.