9/11 is still new, so of course I remember every detail about that day. But even when it's not so new anymore, I doubt I'll ever forget a single thing about it. I was still at home when I found out because it was around 6. When I got to school, we had an assembly in the courtyard where the dean told us the details, and we sang the National Anthem. Then we went to our classrooms and watched the news, and were allowed to leave anytime we wanted. For once, no one rushed to leave school... we all stayed for around an hour or so, sitting around, watching the news, and talking about it, still stunned.

Another "news at school" time was during the OJ trial. We watched the news in my history class every day from the day both sides rested, until the day the verdict was read. It took about two weeks, give or take. I was in 5th or 6th grade, and my history teacher told us, "This is history too, except we get to live it." So it took the place of our lesson. Very exciting times.

I also remember where I was about a year and a half before the verdict, that fateful day when a certain freeway chase ended up being a little different from all the others. Every channel you'd flip to had that white Bronco, even during Game 5 of the NBA finals!! Poor Knicks, though. They made it that far, won game 5, and everyone was watching a football player drive down the 405 freeway instead. No wonder they didn't make it that year. Sorry if that was a sore spot for any NYers. :p