John Lennon
Pink Floyd
Journey
Led Zeppelin
The Eagles
The Beatles
Foreigner
The Cars

I NEED MORE. I think I am a modern day hippie.. and it feels good.
Well I've always kind of loathed the music of the 80s, but, basing off of those artists, I would check out some Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Velvet Underground, The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc... Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands, so I'd reccomend getting into more of their stuff. Their sound and style tends to change up frequently, so I would check out any album you can get your hands on. Alot of the stuff they did before Darkside of the Moon is very cool... it's quite unique and ground breaking. (Atom Heart Mother and Meddle are superb albums, but often over looked).

I'd also love to hear what you think of Radiohead; my personal favorite band, but an aqquired taste. They've been doing some really revolutionary stuff lately, and are basically the modern day equivilency of Pink Floyd. I would reccomend checking out their album, "OK Computer", which has kind of a 1970s prog-rock/psychedelic feel to it, mixed in with some 90s alternative. And if you enjoy that, I would reccomend Kid A (which has been refered to as "Radiohead's Darkside of the Moon"), which is a very obscure album, and maybe even a little hard to get into. It expiriments with alot of electronics and new sounds... but if you can tolerate 80s pop, then I think you could tolerate Kid A. It's genious once you get into it... I'd give it at least two or three listens before you finally judge it.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."