GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dixiemafia, mustachepete, Toodoped), 658 guests, and 183 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,874
Members10,349
Most Online992
8 minutes ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132085
10/12/05 10:45 AM
10/12/05 10:45 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
First Congress bans the assassination of foreign leaders. Now they want stop us from torturing captured enemy combatants for intelligence information.

Wow. No wonders we have things like 9/11 happening.
Yeah, how dumn is that! Banning the assassination of foreign leaders??

I'm sure that you would be glad if countries like North-Korea would also have such a legislature, so they couldn't kill Bush. I don't know if they have it.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132086
10/12/05 10:46 AM
10/12/05 10:46 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] Anyway, kicking a terrorist all over, or attaching electric wires to his genitals, or something (I don't know how they work it) isn't going to solve the bigger problem. So why do it? Is it our good old "eye for an eye" policy? If that was the case, then go all the way and let's start beheading people, and quick. As it is, it seems, to me, little more than childish "well they did it first" behaviour that I left behind in primary school. Or kindergarten, if that went over your head.
The more I read you, the more I admire you, Mick. You got brain. And talent. [/b][/quote]Mick is one of the brightest people on this BB. And, he's leftwing! Too bad he doesn't post much when it's about politics.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132087
10/12/05 07:26 PM
10/12/05 07:26 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
solving anything, neither for ourselves or anybody else.

Anyway, kicking a terrorist all over, or attaching electric wires to his genitals, or something (I don't know how they work it) isn't going to solve the bigger problem. So why do it? Is it our good old "eye for an eye" policy? If that was the case, then go all the way and let's start beheading people, and quick. As it is, it seems, to me, little more than childish "well they did it first" behaviour that I left behind in primary school. Or kindergarten, if that went over your head.
So even if torture would be a successful method (as it has been in the past, such as the French during the Algerian Crisis) to extract vital intelligence that could save lives, we should still stop this eye for an eye policy?

I think this is the problem with our actions in Iraq at this point. We aren't willing to play dirty, to utilize all methods, however "reprehensible" to the world community, in order to disband the Iraq insurgents and eventually Al Qaeda.

I was surprised when I learned Sen. McCain was the person who proposed this legislation, I would like to know why he thinks this would be beneficial to our effort.

Quote:
Yeah, how dumn is that! Banning the assassination of foreign leaders??

I'm sure that you would be glad if countries like North-Korea would also have such a legislature, so they couldn't kill Bush. I don't know if they have it.
Banning the assassination of a genocidal or masochistic leader would be for the benefit of the people of a nation. Again, despite how it is considered reprehensible, it is a viable policy in some situations to alleviate a particular party who is either unwielding or unyielding to compromise.

As far as your reference to North Korea goes, I doubt that Il would have the balls to go after President Bush, knowing the consequences that would result from such an action. His country, despite his bravado for gaining nuclear weapons, still ranks near the bottom of the world in standard of living, economic prosperity, and human rights. A legislature in North Korea? Let's not kid ourselves, I think its obvious a legislature to Kim Jung Il means about as much as elections under Stalin in Soviet Russia.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132088
10/12/05 08:16 PM
10/12/05 08:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:

I was surprised when I learned Sen. McCain was the person who proposed this legislation, I would like to know why he thinks this would be beneficial to our effort.

Maybe he feels that way because he was a prisoner of War for 5 years who was confined to solitary confinement for almost as long, and was tortured by the enemy. And his feeling that way, if you or I agree with it ir not, is quite understandable coming from someone such as himself who's had first hand experience with being tortured.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132089
10/12/05 08:57 PM
10/12/05 08:57 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
We don't torture, or shouldn't be. It's not what humans do. And while I agree that some of these prisoners are sub-human, we are not.

It is disgraceful to attach this to far more important legislation that needs signing. We should not be politicizing such a thing. But that's what politicians do.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132090
10/12/05 09:07 PM
10/12/05 09:07 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
If a army officer who tortured an enemy combatant against the law and found out the site of a horde of suicide bombers in a mosque, or undercovered plans to attack US territory, would congress then force him to be prosecuted for breaking the law, despite saving potentially hundreds of lives?
Inquiry - any thoughts on my previous question?

I know McCain was a POW, but I have to disagree with him here. If there are means of obtaining vital information from a captured enemy combatant, than every possible avenue should be explored to extract that information, including torture.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132091
10/12/05 09:15 PM
10/12/05 09:15 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I have to disagree. It is wrong for us to sink to their level, those animals, scum. How would we solve anything if we sink to their level? How would an "eye for an eye" solve anything?

Plus,
Amendment VIII of The U.S. Consitution states:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I don't think torturing them back is the answer.
They behead us, they torture us because they're savage radical maniacs. I don't think we are.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132092
10/12/05 09:16 PM
10/12/05 09:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Now this is where our leaders are irresponsible, and play politics with the well being of our soldiers and our nation :

>>"The amendment is attached to the $440 billion ($247 billion) defence spending bill and if Mr Bush vetoes the amendment, he would have to veto the entire bill.
That would leave America's armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan short of cash as early as the middle of next month."<<

By attaching this ammendment to the defense spending bill, our political leaders are putting the well being and survival of our soldiers, and our country, in harms way for their own political agendas.

This should have been treated as a seperate bill. This way if the issue of torture gets tied up in political protocol, as it will, it would not affect the needed monies that would go to our soldiers and the overall defense of our nation.

Now a whole defense bill, one that could provide the needed monies for our troops, will get delayed because of a seperate issue that IMO has nothing to do with providing funds for the troops during a war.

Don Cardi
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:

It is disgraceful to attach this to far more important legislation that needs signing. We should not be politicizing such a thing. But that's what politicians do.
Ok, so here you have it. Two people from both sides of the political spectrum agreeing that the bottom line here is that this whole thing is being politicized by their attaching this ammendment to a more important bill that needs signing. Politicizing the whole defense bill and the issue. No matter what, when the smoke clears, it always comes down to playing politics and how those in office can do things for their own political gain. No matter what the cost.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132093
10/12/05 09:42 PM
10/12/05 09:42 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
I have to disagree. It is wrong for us to sink to their level, those animals, scum. How would we solve anything if we sink to their level? How would an "eye for an eye" solve anything?

Plus,
Amendment VIII of The U.S. Consitution states:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I don't think torturing them back is the answer.
They behead us, they torture us because they're savage radical maniacs. I don't think we are.
Keep in mind the constitution is relevant only to U.S. citizens, not enemy combatants.

Again, apparently no one here feels that extracting intelligence that could saves the lives of hundreds of troops and potentially Americans here at home is worth kicking the shit out of a terrorist.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132094
10/13/05 07:01 PM
10/13/05 07:01 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Double-J, its phrases like "kicking the shit out of ..." that expose you as a narrow-minded thug. Although I'm hesitent to label you since you seem to revel in your role as bit of nasty judging by your signature.

God willing, someday you will become Single-J, and then Half-J, and then innumerable other fractions of your former self until you disappear.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132095
10/13/05 07:05 PM
10/13/05 07:05 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Double-J a real hawwd thug, G! Know what I'm sayin'? A little sometin' sometin'? JJ my homie! What up thug?

Dr. Lucy wants you to disappear... Uh oh! :rolleyes:

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132096
10/13/05 08:59 PM
10/13/05 08:59 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Double-J, its phrases like "kicking the shit out of ..." that expose you as a narrow-minded thug. Although I'm hesitent to label you since you seem to revel in your role as bit of nasty judging by your signature.

God willing, someday you will become Single-J, and then Half-J, and then innumerable other fractions of your former self until you disappear.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. I am terribly sorry, Dr. Lucy, but you're failing in the insult column. Narrow-minded has already been used (and thug could be a term of endearment in today's society!). But thanks for playing the game. Perhaps I could change my nick to Triple-J? That would be something, wouldn't it?

Next time, try to be a little bit more original with your insults, okay? It's getting sad when you guys keep recycling the same ones over and over (and ignoring the argument at hand).

Cheers,
Double-J

BTW Since I've been exposed - to paraphrase Dr. Peter Venkman...

"YOU WOULDN'T WANT US EXPOSING OURSELVES!"

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132097
10/13/05 09:02 PM
10/13/05 09:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
When did this become the Double J and Dr. Who fixed Lucy Topic?

Why don't you two do us all a favor and take it to PM.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132098
10/13/05 09:14 PM
10/13/05 09:14 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
When did this become the Double J and Dr. Who fixed Lucy Topic?

Why don't you two do us all a favor and take it to PM.

Funny, I was actually trying to debate the topic at hand, when he decided to openly insult me.

Not to be an arse, but why don't you do us a favor, DC, and reprimand him for his actions?

Best,
Double-J

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132099
10/13/05 09:25 PM
10/13/05 09:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Not to be an arse, but why don't you do us a favor, DC, and reprimand him for his actions?

Best,
Double-J
Double J, I was not reprimanding either of you. All I asked, from the BOTH of you, was that the BOTH of you either stick to the topic or take it to a PM.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132100
10/13/05 09:29 PM
10/13/05 09:29 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

The problem is that I haven't veered offtopic whatsoever (with the exception of the last two posts, obviously).

Yet someone deliberately flames me, and it is ignored.

I'm failing to see how taking "this" to a PM (whatever this is) is going to do anything. I would like to get back to the topic at hand. However, apparently, an opponent in this debate (Dr. Lucy) would rather attack me than respond with his argument.

Millions for PM's, but not one cent for enforcement of the rules.

Best,
Double-J

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132101
10/13/05 09:39 PM
10/13/05 09:39 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
When did Double-J insult Dr. Lucy? This is pretty one sided stuff. Dr. Lucy called Double-J a narrow minded thug and JJ replied asking for more original stuff. I don't see how JJ is insulting Dr. Lucy.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132102
10/13/05 09:45 PM
10/13/05 09:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
When did Double-J insult Dr. Lucy? This is pretty one sided stuff. Dr. Lucy called Double-J a narrow minded thug and JJ replied asking for more original stuff. I don't see how JJ is insulting Dr. Lucy.
Where did I say that Double J insulted The Dr.?

All I asked was that the both of them take their arguement to a PM.

Didn't take sides at all. Just sick of having good topics closed down because of the personal arguements and insults that seem to fly back and forth.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132103
10/13/05 09:46 PM
10/13/05 09:46 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
[quote] If a army officer who tortured an enemy combatant against the law and found out the site of a horde of suicide bombers in a mosque, or undercovered plans to attack US territory, would congress then force him to be prosecuted for breaking the law, despite saving potentially hundreds of lives?
Inquiry - any thoughts on my question? [/quote]I'll resort to something I've rarely done - self quoting - in the name of getting back on-topic.

Cheers,
Double-J

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132104
10/13/05 09:47 PM
10/13/05 09:47 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:

All I asked was that the both of them take their arguement to a PM. Just sick of having good topics closed down because of the personal arguements and insults that seem to fly back and forth.
1.) There isn't an argument.
2.) If you are sick of insults flying about, reprimand him.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132105
10/13/05 10:01 PM
10/13/05 10:01 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
To me, it did sound like it was getting rather personal between the two of you. Just thought I'd let you know.

And, no, I don't care what information is obtained from torture. It's a moral call. I don't believe in it. I know that if torture could've prevented the deaths of September 11th, then it would be worth it to some. But as much as I would've wanted to stop those towers from falling that day, I can't believe in torturing another human. It makes us as low as they are. It puts us on the same level of subhuman. I want to believe that we're better than that.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132106
10/13/05 10:05 PM
10/13/05 10:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I respect what you are saying SB, and yes, to torture another human being is animalistic, and inhuman. But then again, can you seriously say, with all your heart, that if a known and proven terrorist like Usama Bin laden is caught, that he is really a human being? Isn't there a part of you that would like to see him suffer?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132107
10/13/05 10:07 PM
10/13/05 10:07 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Trouble usually doesn't start single-handedly. I haven't read the whole thing, but just will say this: Dr Lucy, DJ, and everyone else is warned to stop calling each other names like we're in kindergarten. Read the rules, and pay the consequences if you break them. And that's all I gotta say about that.

Starting..... now!

Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go to my daughter's wedding.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132108
10/13/05 10:10 PM
10/13/05 10:10 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I know in a dark part of my mind I would wish him the worst and hope he'd get the worst inhumane type torture possible. (Osama Bin Laden, that is, and other responsible.)

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132109
10/13/05 10:12 PM
10/13/05 10:12 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Quote:
I respect what you are saying SB, and yes, to torture another human being is animalistic, and inhuman. But then again, can you seriously say, with all your heart, that if a known and proven terrorist like Usama Bin laden is caught, that he is really a human being? Isn't there a part of you that would like to see him suffer?

Don Cardi
Of course there's a part of me that would like to see him on a big ol' rotisserie, roasting slowly for a very long time. And each person who got out of the towers and the Pentagon alive, and each family member of those who didn't, get to slowly add a charcoal briquette to the fire. HOWEVER, that is the part of me that must be suppressed. That's what separates us from those that would kill or rape or torture.

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132110
10/13/05 10:14 PM
10/13/05 10:14 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
I know in a dark part of my mind I would wish him the worst and hope he'd get the worst inhumane type torture possible. (Osama Bin Laden, that is, and other responsible.)
Yes, you are right, those thoughts do come from the dark part of our minds. A part that I think we all have. But I'll be honest, I don't know that I could think with the logical side of my mind if I ever had that bastard in front of me.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132111
10/13/05 10:16 PM
10/13/05 10:16 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] I respect what you are saying SB, and yes, to torture another human being is animalistic, and inhuman. But then again, can you seriously say, with all your heart, that if a known and proven terrorist like Usama Bin laden is caught, that he is really a human being? Isn't there a part of you that would like to see him suffer?

Don Cardi
Of course there's a part of me that would like to see him on a big ol' rotisserie, roasting slowly for a very long time. And each person who got out of the towers and the Pentagon alive, and each family member of those who didn't, get to slowly add a charcoal briquette to the fire. HOWEVER, that is the part of me that must be suppressed. That's what separates us from those that would kill or rape or torture. [/b][/quote]Very true.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132112
10/13/05 10:25 PM
10/13/05 10:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
So we are all in agreement then. It is not right to torture a human being.

But if the three of us were ever given the opportunity to spend 15 minutes with Bin Laden, then I would go first, SB would stop me, and tell me that I need to take control of myself and remind me that we don't act like that. Then she would step in and bust his ass, and then Don Andrew would intervene and remind her that we do not do things like that, and then he would step up and kick the shit out of Bin Laden, and I would have to calm him down and make him realize that his dark side is taking control over him. And then I would jump back in...... etc. etc.

As long as we keep reminding each other that we should NOT be doing this.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132113
10/13/05 10:41 PM
10/13/05 10:41 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Yes, but then again while we beat him up we will have images of the Towers on fire and continue.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Bush will veto anti-torture law after Senate revolt #132114
10/13/05 10:56 PM
10/13/05 10:56 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline OP
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline OP
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
Well generally pat no I not support people being tortured. But these prisoners are not people IMHO they're monsters without any redeeming qualities.
You assume that the prisoners are all insurgents/terrorists. I've seen no evidence for that belief. It seems more likely to me that a lot of these guys were caught for dubious reasons, and their friends and family are more likely to join the resistance if they are mistreated. If an innocent man wasn't a terrorist before all this, he sure will be afterwards.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull