GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 684 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,574
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,537
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,460
Posts1,061,308
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The President's Speech #128882
09/20/05 08:37 PM
09/20/05 08:37 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
It's a sad day indeed when a natural disaster is blamed on a man, and it's even sadder when it's turned into a racial and political issue. Get up, get over it, and move on already.
The major/governor should have had a better way to get those people out. Instead, the were locked up in the Superdome and Convention Center. Why did they have checkpoints around the city, so if someone tries to leave they turn them back to the Superdome and the Convention Center? Not that many people just wanted to "ride out the storm". Everyone is well aware of the NOLA bowl.

No, not on one man. But it seems that this one man appointed a director of FEMA has no experience with disasters....his passion is Arabian horses! Oh. That fits.

After the levees broke?
FEMA would not accept Amtrak's help in evacuations
FEMA turned away experienced firefighters
FEMA turned back Wal-Mart supply trucks
FEMA prevented Coast Guard from delivering diesel fuel
FEMA wouldn't let Red Cross deliver food
FEMA barred morticians from entering New Orleans
FEMA blocked 500-boat citizen flotilla from delivering aid
FEMA failed to utilize Navy ship with 600-bed hospital on board
FEMA to Chicago: Send just one truck
FEMA turned away generators
FEMA: "First Responders Urged Not To Respond"

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: The President's Speech #128883
09/20/05 11:09 PM
09/20/05 11:09 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
The speech merely added to the sewage they are trying to pump out of New Orleans. The phony backlit church and Andrew Jackson statue....the stupid little walk to the microphone....JAYZUS!!! The man is an embarrassment. He ain't gonna get a "bullhorn moment" this time around.
Look at his poll numbers.
Perhaps the best example of why meaningful debate at the BB has become nonexistant. Rather than actually point out logical reasons or disagreements with what the President said, all you do is criticize his walk, and cite poll numbers as "evidence" that he is an embarassment.

I confess, I didn't see the whole speech, so I can't comment. However, I do vaguely remember a previous President who felt the need to indict the witch hunting conservatives and point his finger at the camera and lie about his sexual activity in the Oval Office.

Funny, now THAT would be considered an embarassment in my book.

Re: The President's Speech #128884
09/21/05 03:00 AM
09/21/05 03:00 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I learned two important things after the hurricane that I obviously missed in my school classes: (1) Contray to my Earth Science course, apparently hurricanes are NOT colorblind and can differentiate between black and white! Wow! and (2) Contrary to what I learned in Civics class, the President is not only the President of the U.S., but he's obviously also supposed to be the mayor of every city and the governor of every state! :rolleyes:

New Orleans had a PLAN for this disaster over two years ago. Someone dug up a year-old interview with the governor and asked should this scenario occur, who would be responsible for search and rescue, finding shelters, and most importantly, evacuations. Guess what she said? "You're looking at her." Well, no DUH!! You can't "save" people from themselves. And don't give me that what-about-those-who-were-too-poor-to-leave crap. If the mayor would have had any sense, he could have used everything with four wheels to get folks out, period.Good God, he had a week to do it in! No, he'd rather piss and moan and blame Whitey and Bush.

Yeah, I have a heart and I DO feel for those folks. But let's just be frank here: Many (if not most) of them thought they could ride the storm out, and they were wrong. The same damn thing could happen here in Memphis with an earthquake. They've been predicting it for decades, and some day, it'll hit. Everyone knows about it. So, when it hits and I die, who's to blame? ME, that's who. And if our ignorant mayor survives, you know who he will blame? The President (unless he's a Democrat) and Whitey. Turns my stomach.

It's a sad day indeed when a natural disaster is blamed on a man, and it's even sadder when it's turned into a racial and political issue. Get up, get over it, and move on already.
Amen Snake Amen!

Lets not forget that a parking lot full of school buses that should've been used to transport people to safety were left there to get flooded.

Quote:
Just because the local and state governments couldn't handle the situation doesn't mean the federal government shouldn't step in,
Tony Love DC posted something about this awhile back. The federal government can't just step in. Unless the governor gives them the authority. And by the time this inept governor gave the authority(if in fact she ever did) it was way to late.

Re: The President's Speech #128885
09/21/05 06:17 PM
09/21/05 06:17 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
Tony Love DC posted something about this awhile back. The federal government can't just step in. Unless the governor gives them the authority. And by the time this inept governor gave the authority(if in fact she ever did) it was way to late.
President has the authority to declare an emergency situation with or without a request from a state's governor.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: The President's Speech #128886
09/23/05 03:40 AM
09/23/05 03:40 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
^^^

I think you're misunderstanding me SB. I'm fully aware that the president has the authority to declare an emergency. But I'm talking about the federal government stepping in and actually taking control from the state government. As what Tony Love implied.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull