GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Irishman12), 670 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127207
09/08/05 03:38 AM
09/08/05 03:38 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Bush is still ignoring the genocide in Sudan.
Has he even mentioned Sudan once? Does he even know what genocide was? The US has donated a small sum of $65 million to Sudan relief efforts. That is nothing.
Quote:
I want my tax dollars and my family's tax dollars fighting poverty in other countries.
Quote:
I'd rather hand out free money to Americans rather then Iraqis. I don't know about you.
Quote:
Yes, I was actually thinking of bumping the tsunami thread back up. This is the USA's tsunami IMO. Everyone can kiss our ass now. The next time something in Europe or Asia goes wrong, I hope we don't do shit about it. Screw them.
Quote:
I'm 100 % serious. I'm sick of hearing about our problems at home and then turning the channel to seeing the US solving problems for other people in other countries.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127208
09/08/05 03:53 AM
09/08/05 03:53 AM
Flame Angel Offline
Made Member
Flame Angel  Offline
Made Member
i dont mean to get into any sort of political debates ill leave that to dmc; however, i agree with don cardi

Quote:
Hillary is an opportunists poilitician, and she knows damn well that the public is currently outraged at the lack of leadership shown in this thing from the begining. So she's just riding the political concensus for her own gain.
i find that for people such as clinton,reverend jessie jackson, ted kennedy and the such to use such an event for their own political means of pushing bush out of office or advancing their own political position or whatever the reason is despicable. some time in the near future when all of the facts are together would be the correct time to point fingers and to adjust what should be done the next time. now is the time to help those who had the misfortune of losing all they had worked for and those who are still stuck in the state

"pretty in punk..." setting off metal detectors in a town near you
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127209
09/08/05 10:25 AM
09/08/05 10:25 AM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Hillary is demanding an investigation. Ok, I think that many questions do need to be answered. But she seems to want one right now. What should we do, pull the fema people out of the effort right now, pull those in local government out from where they are needed right now? How much money will an investigation and hearings cost the taxpayers? This is not the time and Don Cardi is right, she is just taking advantage of the situation right now for her own political gain. If she is so concerned about these people then why didn't she take the time last week to go down to washington to vote on the 10.5 billion dollar package? No, she was absent from that vote and instead she decided to stay in Syracuse. I guess that there was no opportunity for her own political gain in that vote.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127210
09/08/05 11:46 AM
09/08/05 11:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I love to see both sides exploiting or spinning the f*ck out of this situation.

Hillary Clinton and several other Democrats demanding an investigtion, and besides blaming all levels of government for the aftermath, Presidente Bushie is the biggest culprit.

Meanwhile, many Republicans try to blame the coincidently Democratic Mayor of New Orleans and Governor of Louisiana for not responding fast enough, etc....its not Bushie's fault!

Really, am I the only one that thinks EVERYONE blew it?

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127211
09/08/05 11:50 AM
09/08/05 11:50 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127212
09/08/05 12:05 PM
09/08/05 12:05 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Presidente Bushie is the biggest culprit.

Meanwhile, many Republicans try to blame the coincidently Democratic Mayor of New Orleans and Governor of Louisiana for not responding fast enough, etc....its not Bushie's fault!

Really, am I the only one that thinks EVERYONE blew it?
First of all you need to get your facts straight before making claims like this. The Governer happens to be a REPUBLICAN! So your theory about Republicans "coinicidently blaming" members of the other party holds no water. Sorry.

Now to your statement that President Bush is the biggest culprit, well why don't you tell us why you feel that the President is the biggest culprit. Back that statement up with factual reasons.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127213
09/08/05 12:09 PM
09/08/05 12:09 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Who says that I think that?

I'm just reporting what I've seen in the news media, of how everyone is blaming everyone else for what happened.

Besides, maybe the President's administration wasn't on the horn fast enough about what was happening, or didn't act fast enough or declare immediate balls-to-the-walls action...

Who knows, but come on...everyone f*cked up.

As for the Republican Governor, wow...the same party enchons in D.C. cutting that Governor's term to bits, damn. What happened to the spirit of partisan defense?

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127214
09/08/05 12:20 PM
09/08/05 12:20 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Talk about a spin reply! WOW! You made a statement about Bush, then you deny that YOU said that. You accuse the Republicans of laying blame on the governer because she is a Democrat, and when I inform you that she is a republican, then you want to know why the republicans are not living up to the partisan spirit!

When are you going to contribute something solid to these political conversations? When will you ever answer a direct question or make a post backing it up with fact?

If you do not know our Fedral and State laws and procedures by now, then you obviously have not been following this thing very closely. It's been explained and talked about all week long everyday. On TV, radio and here on these boards.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127215
09/08/05 12:24 PM
09/08/05 12:24 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
So Senator Clinton wants an investigation? So she might be exploiting this for political gain? Hmmmm.... and I don't suppose the Republicans ever did that... Puh-leeze, be real. That's what politicians do. All I know is, there sure as hell should be an investigation, and whoever is responsible should be to blame. However, as RRA stated, there's more than enough blame to go around, and there's probably blame to be had at every level, city, state, and federal.

That said, DC, you asked Why should Bush be held the most responsible, see my earlier post. If he's the top man, then he gets the most blame. Sorry, that's the way it works. If you're the top guy, and you put in place the people who let this happen, then you take the blame.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127216
09/08/05 12:44 PM
09/08/05 12:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
you asked Why should Bush be held the most responsible, see my earlier post. If he's the top man, then he gets the most blame. Sorry, that's the way it works. If you're the top guy, and you put in place the people who let this happen, then you take the blame.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127217
09/08/05 01:01 PM
09/08/05 01:01 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] Yes, I was actually thinking of bumping the tsunami thread back up. This is the USA's tsunami IMO. Everyone can kiss our ass now. The next time something in Europe or Asia goes wrong, I hope we don't do shit about it. Screw them.
Quote:
I'm 100 % serious. I'm sick of hearing about our problems at home and then turning the channel to seeing the US solving problems for other people in other countries.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Those were ironic, I think.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127218
09/08/05 05:17 PM
09/08/05 05:17 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
DC, you asked Why should Bush be held the most responsible, see my earlier post. If he's the top man, then he gets the most blame. Sorry, that's the way it works. If you're the top guy, and you put in place the people who let this happen, then you take the blame.
Sorry, With all due respect, I don't buy that for one moment. If President Bush had decided to "overide" the laws of our country that say that the Governer is in charge of all state issues until he or she asks for and signs an executive order, and went ahead without a governer signed executive order, you know damn well that the democrats would be calling for his head and would be SCREAMING that he broke the law and should face impeachment. And rightfully so! You know it and I know it.

The President asked the Governer, point blank, 2 days before that hurricane hit, what she was waiting for to issue a mandatory evacuation and to sign an executive order to request that the federal government be allowed to come in and take over. Till this very post she has YET to sign that executive order! Now tell me why ANY PRESIDENT should take most of the blame for the this????? Up until yesterday the mayor had not declared a mandatory evacuation! Tell me why ANY President should take most of the blame for that?????

And yes, there is no question that all of these whores in Washington, Republican or Democrat, are opportunists who maipulate whatever they can for their own political gain. No side is innocent. But Billary is out of control right now. I heard her on radio today DEMAND that an IMMEDEATE investigation be taken by an independant commission. Yeah, ok Senator Clinton, we'll pull out all of the FEMA workers, ALL those involved in the rescue efforts and the planning, and all of the governers and mayors of these cities and states and make them ALL stop working on getting these peoples lives and cities back in order. :rolleyes:

But Senator Clinton, I must ask you, if you are soooo concerned about the welfare of these people and are sooo concerned as to why this was allowed to spin out of control, then why were you not present to vote on the 10.5 billion dollar package that they needed as soon as possible? Was it because you were campaigning in Syracuse New York? Oh yes, I see, that's more important then the money needed for those desperate people who've just lost everything that they ever had. But just blame the President, that's all.

I agree 100% that an investigation MUST be done. No doubt about it. But can we please have an investigation somewhere down the raod, after we've been able to take care of and handle this disaster?

She's a bitch, plain and simple.

Don't get me started about her because my famous Sicilian temper will come out!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127219
09/08/05 08:34 PM
09/08/05 08:34 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I understand your point about the governor, and that certain procedures need to be followed. However, FEMA dropped the ball and let those people die. Plain and simple. Since FEMA is a federal agency, and therefore under the president's purview, he is therefore responsible for their actions, or inaction, in this case.

I agree that an immediate investigation is just plain old silly. There should be one, and I'm sure there will be, but right now the idea is rather impractical.

And while you may consider Hillary an opportunistic bitch, that's one of the things that I admire about her.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127220
09/08/05 09:21 PM
09/08/05 09:21 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Talk about a spin reply! WOW! You made a statement about Bush, then you deny that YOU said that. You accuse the Republicans of laying blame on the governer because she is a Democrat, and when I inform you that she is a republican, then you want to know why the republicans are not living up to the partisan spirit!
Governor of Louisiana is a Democrat.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127221
09/08/05 10:29 PM
09/08/05 10:29 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
Governor of Louisiana is a Democrat.
According to several news reports the media has said that she is a republican. And according to this piece in an article it says : "Louisiana's Republican Governor, Kathleen Blanco, also appealed to Bush to bring home..."
Now you probably know better that I do, so I am going to take your word for it. But as I said several stations reffered to her as the republican governor, and the article that I read above also called her the republican governor. So that is why I said that she was a republican. I should know better than to listen to the media!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127222
09/08/05 10:45 PM
09/08/05 10:45 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
I understand your point about the governor, and that certain procedures need to be followed. However, FEMA dropped the ball and let those people die. Plain and simple. Since FEMA is a federal agency, and therefore under the president's purview, he is therefore responsible for their actions, or inaction, in this case.

Well than if you understand my point about the governor, and that certain procedures needed to be followed by her, then you would also realize that FEMA is not all at fault here because in several of those situations where people were left to die, FEMA being a federal agency could NOT act without the authorization of the State. Which goes back to Governor Blanco NOT signing that executive order to allow the FEDERAL agencies/governement to take command and control. What it boils down to is two things ; The federal agencies and military are forced to work side by side with the state agencies and under state direction if the governor does NOT sign that executive order. Secondly the blunder on the part of the President is that he screwed up in making FEMA part of homeland security. He obviously did so with the mindset of a possible act of terrorism. They are and should be a disaster agency, and not a security agency. That is where I think the President screwed up big time. But I'll say it again, FEMA being a federal agency could not act on it's own without the authority and direction of the state as long as that executive order was not signed.

This is what I think must be done. FEMA must be seperated from Homeland Security and should be restructered to be an independant agency that can respond to any disaster under both state and federal guidelines.

And yes, I do realize that FEMA was not all that great even when they were authorized to go in there, and they should also be scrutinized when this thing is all over.

But pushing aside Republican thinking or Democratic thinking, I just do NOT think it's fair to blame ANY President for most of the things that happened in this situation. In truth, by Blanco refusing to sign that executive order and follow proper procedure for federal help, she tied the President's hands.

Her and her Mayor are the ones that should be held accountable for most of the problems that developed because of their inaction.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127223
09/09/05 12:29 AM
09/09/05 12:29 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
If that skanky bitch Billary was so concerned about the victims Did she or any other politician get their hands dirty and help pass out food or help out in any other way? Or were they to busy running off the mouth with the blame game BS?

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127224
09/09/05 07:17 AM
09/09/05 07:17 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
I just do NOT think it's fair to blame ANY President for most of the things that happened in this situation. In truth, by Blanco refusing to sign that executive order and follow proper procedure for federal help, she tied the President's hands.

And yes, I do realize that FEMA was not all that great even when they were authorized to go in there, and they should also be scrutinized when this thing is all over.

So how can you not hold President Bush responsible?

Who should we hold responsible for FEMA? Michael Brown? Sure. But how about Michael Brown's boss, or Michael Brown's bosses boss?

FEMA's response seemed so inadequate and Michael Brown seemed so clueless in the first few days after the red tape was cut through and they finally swung into action, that I have to wonder if they would have done much better under any circumstances.

I guess with a two-day headstart they would have had to have done a better job, but can anyone honestly say that in light of the way the events unfolded that they have any confidence in Michael Brown as the head of a government agency charged with the responsibility of dealing with a national emergency?

No one is perfect; not me, not you, not President Bush. It never ceases to amaze me how people here will defend absolutely any action or policy of his, as if the man can do no wrong.

He is the head of our government. Michael Brown heads a government agency. President Bush is responsible, either directly or indirectly, for the appointment of this man, and President Bush must bear the responsibility for his failures.

Yes, the Governor of LA and the Mayor of NO should have done what they needed to do to get the federal assistance ball rolling sooner. Clearly, they blew it.

But FEMA was not exactly a 100% shining light in this mess either, and President Bush must be held accountable for their failure.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127225
09/09/05 07:33 AM
09/09/05 07:33 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
If that skanky bitch Billary was so concerned about the victims Did she or any other politician get their hands dirty and help pass out food or help out in any other way? Or were they to busy running off the mouth with the blame game BS?
Thursday, Sept 1, 9:30am: Chappaqua, NY
Billary wakes up. Decisions to make. Should I hop a flight to Baton Rouge, and limo over to New Orleans to shake some hands of the evacuees (they probably stink) and tell them that I'm fighting to get food, water and clothing for them, OR, hold a press conference here in the backyard and blame the President and every Republican for sending the hurricane to the Gulf AND for not providing food, water and clothing.

9:35am Billary calls press secretary: Tells him to set up a press conference in the garden for noon.

9:36am Billary back to sleep.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127226
09/09/05 07:38 AM
09/09/05 07:38 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
How about that skanky bitch Barbara Bush?

If she was so concerned about the victims, why wasn't she out there getting her hands dirty and helping to pass out food or helping out in any other way?

Or was she too busy running of her mouth with her
"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." comment?

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127227
09/09/05 09:11 AM
09/09/05 09:11 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I cannot begin to tell you how ANGRY that statement made me, as well as the one about how thrilled the survivors all were by the Texas hospitality, and that everyone she spoke to couldn't wait to move to Texas!! As if they were vacationing there, and happened to like it!! She sounded like a clueless, elitist jackass! Perhaps they want to move there because they have nothing to return to!!!

And maybe Hillary isn't there, but her husband is. He's giving his time in a bipartisan effort to head up the fundraising effort, as he did after the tsunami.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127228
09/09/05 09:33 AM
09/09/05 09:33 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Wow, the gloves are comin' off. Calling mothers into this now!

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127229
09/09/05 09:41 AM
09/09/05 09:41 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Well, if the mother wants to go around being interviewed and giving quotes that make her sound like a stupid snob, then so be it!

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127230
09/09/05 09:52 AM
09/09/05 09:52 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Hillary is a mother, too, isn't she?

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127231
09/09/05 10:13 AM
09/09/05 10:13 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
It never ceases to amaze me how people here will defend absolutely any action or policy of his, as if the man can do no wrong.
Quote:
The blunder on the part of the President is that he screwed up in making FEMA part of homeland security. That is where I think the President screwed up big time.
Quote:
I am not trying to say that the President is not reponsible for anything that's happened here.
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] He personally did not drop the ball, this FEMA guy apparently did.

And as Podhoretz wrote it today's Post,

For these failings, Bush has and will be held responsible. If he wishes to be given credit for his managerial presidency when it succeeds, he must take the blame when it fails."
Fair enough. I agree with that assessment. In hindsight there is no question that it was a BIG mistake putting FEMA under The Department Of Homeland Security. And yes, Bush does share blame for his administration implementing that under his watch.
[/b][/quote]I defended his action and policies no matter what?

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127232
09/09/05 10:19 AM
09/09/05 10:19 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
The "some people here" comment was not directed at you.

You, at least, seem to be the only Repub/Conserv willing to hold Bush at least partially responsible, which is what he is.

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127233
09/09/05 10:32 AM
09/09/05 10:32 AM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Bush needs to be inmpeached.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127234
09/09/05 10:38 AM
09/09/05 10:38 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Let's not get carried away here, DT.

Whatever his failings and shortcomings, he doesn't deserve impeachment any more than any of our other presidents did, aside from Nixon.

Besides, you want Cheney as President?

Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127235
09/09/05 10:39 AM
09/09/05 10:39 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

FEMA is a joke. I have to laugh when I watch on tv the people standing in line for their $2000 debit cards. One lady with 2 kids only got $200.00. One lady said the FEMA person told her to send him her address, or she could fax or email the info to them. I guess someone forgot to tell them people have no electricity or phone. I wonder if they'll ever find out where Biloxi, MISS is. People there they interviewed said as of two days ago they have yet to see a FEMA person. But I guess they should be greatful to know that "they're on their way".

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: After Failures, Government Officials Play Blame Game #127236
09/09/05 10:41 AM
09/09/05 10:41 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

Besides, you want Cheney as President?
Did you catch it on tv where Cheney was visiting the levess and someone yelled out "F*ck you Mr. Cheney".

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull