To kill numerous birds with one stone - I've received several notes from people here who know I have close family in New Orleans. Just to update (since I have been away for a while):

Everyone in my family is accounted for. Some are in New Orleans, some in Baton Rouge, luckily the ones in BR didn't have to evacuate, just had to go some days without power.

The relative I have in New Orleans is homeless. Family of 4. They are staying in Baton Rouge until they can figure out what they are doing. The inlaws of these people all lost their homes as well as they were only allowed in this week to assess the damage. The bridge from BR to NO is washed out so it is a little more difficult to get to and from NO.

I have one friend here who's father is unaccounted for from Chalmette. At this point, we are thinking the worst as noone has seen/heard from him since the storm and he is in his 70's. Good health, but probably was unable to get around easy when the storm hit.

A friend of mine here had some inlaws drive out here on Monday (after they evacuated to Houston) and since I had room in my house, I put them up here this week. A couple with a small child, they went back this morning. They live in Metarie. No telling what they will find there. That place was flooded badly.

So, when we all worry about bombs and plane crashes and crazy people with guns - it puts a perspective on how human we are when it comes to Mother Nature.

All it was to start out with was wind and water.

Thanks to those who took the time to ask about my family...

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....