Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
I'll be reasonable.
First of all, I don't live in the USA, so I can't really start a political thread, since politics in the USA are totally different than those in my country, especially because there are so many hardcore Jesus fans in the bible-belt.

Second of all, I didn't read the news in the original posts. I only think that a "bomb 'em all" reaction isn't the right reaction. And terrorism is like the maffia, quick, invisible and deadly. Those terrorists were probably not around anymore. BTW, I too think terrorism should be exterminated.

Third, I'm leftwing. And, ... shit, now I'm starting a political discussion... Sending troups wasn't the right decision. Bush should've cleared the economic mess in his own country first. Then he should've brought tough diplomacy (Saddam's not a wuss)...
If that didn't work, okay, send troups. But before you do that, make a plan, so the USA wouldn't be in the situation in which they are now, in which Americans are killed in Iraq. Not knowing when they can go home. Nobody wants a second Vietnam, but it can happen.

Fourth, if America wants to help the world, don't start liberating Iraq. Don't get me wrong, Saddam was hell, he must have been removed. But there are fanatic religious leaders in Israel too, in Palestina, and in the USA (yes, I mean the neo-cons).
It's fine by me if America wanted to invade Iraq for economic reasons (OIL!), but then don't sell it as a war for freedom. If you really want to solve worldproblems, start in Africa.

On 9/11, 2,500 people died in NY, while 45,000 died in Africa by starvation. Every day! So there's the G8, Bono, ... It's a good thing much more money went to Africa since the last G8, but it's still nothing compared to what America spends on the war Iraq. If al the money that is spend on the war sinds april 2003 went to Africa, the world would be further than where it is today.

Sorry for the politics. Sorry for my sloppy English. Sorry for my unlogic structure, I'm 16, I don't debate much, I just expressed my feelings. Thank you.
What a great reply. It is nice to find someone a year older than me who shares my thoughts about the Americans and their war.

Americans...first of all, I never fully understood why they are supposed to be named "Americans". ". The last time I looked, America was a full continent, the "New World", and it has 35 countries inside it. I mean, most countries have their own unique name, and out of that, you can get the name of the collective nationality. I am a Peruvian, because I come from Peru. The people from Mexico are the Mexicans. The people from England and the English. The people from Russia are the Russians, and so on. Who ever designed that the people from the United States would be called "Americans"? Is that fair anyway? For the other 34 countries inside the American continent, why should we bother in calling you Americans? I'm an American then, as are the people in Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Panama, Canada, and so on. You must be thinking now, in a typical "American" fashion: We are the ONLY Americans in the planet, because we are citizens of the god blessed United States of America.
Bullshit.
I'll leave it at that, because I have already talked enough about the whole "American" subject.

I also don't understand why the war in Iraq has even taken place. It was so avoidable, so irrational. War on terrorism, huh? Bush has taken advantage of how terrified you were because of the 9/11 attacks, and therefore this war has been justified by the hopes of riding the world (the United States especially) from terrorism. Right. I can't believe that you seriously bought that Bush declared war so that you would sleep peacefully and that this war would be an honourable and admirable one.
You must be thinking: But there was no other way.
How did the war start? By looking for weapons of mass destruction. Were there any? No. Did they have to send an army to look for them? No. Could they have sent a branch of scientists and peacekeepers to look for them? Yes. Was it completely unnecessary? Yes.

When the whole search for the weapons of mass destruction ended, what did they do? They arrest Hussein for alleged crimes and other reasons. Who are the Americans to judge a foreign man 3 continents away? They simply didn't have the right. Why should they take out a foreign ruler after an invasion, and why should they even invade the country? Nobody asked them to. If the people from Iraq really detested Hussein then I'm sure they would have risen up. History shows that when a population simply cannot stand their ruler, then they will rise up and remove him from power. Was this the case? No.

I'm fed up with this. Watch CNN someday and you will find out how they disguise the news. It is sickening to watch, really.

JABS

America is a continent, NOT a country.